Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Hello. Your own user ID will only be available after you are registered. The ID is visible in MyStats (but you have to be registered). For now, you choose a name for your char.

For the ID invitation, you can use this one 194030983.

Hope this helped you
Old 11-10-2013, 02:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default VALID | Chaos Drive Invitation ID - 412093295

>>> 412093295 <<<

Brought to you exclusively by Applibot & Chaos Drive.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I take no pleasure in resurrecting a dead thread, but I had some thoughts about the game that I would like to share.

1.) The game is generous for a free-to-play title.

The cards I got purely through free-to-play means feel very powerful, although it is entirely possible to pay-to-win, as per the norm for this kind of card game. Every action you take benefits you in some way that you can easily see via the interface. Plus, all the systems interlock with each other, creating a situation where completing missions directly benefits your ability to raid or support your guild, and vice versa with the other actions. It is really easy to get yourself into a rhythm that could easily last hours, and the inevitable pay wall is set very far away as a result.

2.) The strategy is not obvious.

Which cards are best for raids? Which are best for Guild Battle? Do I go all Wisdom, Style or Power, or do I employ a mix of all three? What stats are more important? Attack? Defense? Special Attack or Defense? Is it more beneficial to level up card capacity or energy? The game streamlines all of this for the player, and lures them into a state where their actions become mindless, which hurts their decision-making when important choices need to be made. Should you use all your unused cards as fodder to enhance your better cards, or should you limit break all duplicates and use fully limit-broken and unused cards as said fodder? What are the rules for improving abilities? Since the player is left ignorant of the deeper aspects of these systems, the player could suffer as a result.

3.) Technical problems bog the game down.

This game, for some reason, strains to run under certain conditions which are not obvious. Expect to crash after about one or two hours of play for random reasons. Other features, like the Guild Battle, are even more finicky.

4.) Good artwork and decent UI design cannot save cliche storytelling.

Without spoiling anything, the main characters in this game fall under certain common Anime stereotypes. Every attempt to try and give the side characters a distinct personality is hampered by this fact. There is also the fact that the game gives you the option of dialogue choices when there is absolutely nothing to indicate that any choice you make leads to changes in the story, which undermines the point behind dialogue choices. There will come a point when you realize that the story does not matter, and when that happens the game reveals how monotonous it ends up feeling. Gameplay alone cannot sell a story. Also, gameplay alone is not enough to make a player care about their progress in the game.

Sure, the game looks pretty. Sure, the game is remarkable in how long it takes to hit a pay wall. Sure, the game seems to show how much stronger the player becomes as they play. However, with no clear way to identify the most strategic options, with no clear communication on which choices matter and which don't, with no halfway-decent narrative married to these dumbed-down-but-not-really-dumb mechanics, the game becomes a pretty time-waster. Way too much effort is required to understand the depths this game thinks it has, and the fact that players can ignore the vast majority of said "depth" with no loss in effectiveness is a serious problem.

2 out of 5 stars.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 PM

I played this game during two months, and I would like to add some of my thoughts to Mr Album.

I encountered crashes during the guild battles. I even had many lags. Other bugs can be encountered, depends of your device.

Two weeks ago, there was an event called Chaos Battle. It was a battle between guilds. So, I saw weak guilds finishing in the top 5 because there were lucky to be even weaker opponents. Whereas, strong guilds with higher battle points (like 5 times more), were ranked down because of a loss. That didn't reflect the strength of the guild at all.

A warning: Applibot is well-known for abandoning its games after a while. If you want to play, good for you, but don't waste your money.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:42 PM

Make sure to use my id for a starting Super Rare (SR) Card

Im very active & help if needed
ID: 453631404

Cya ingame
Old 01-14-2014, 08:42 AM

Chaos Drive is going to be VERY popular soon and slightly addicting. Add me if you read this tip. My Invite ID is 497526905. PS. If you add me you'll get a SR (Super Rare) Card