Titan Quest vs Baldurs Gate?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by giantfart12, Jul 26, 2016.

1. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I am looking for a more action-y and looty type of game. From what i hear is that Titan Quest meets those better than Baldurs Gate. I just want to confirm before I put about $10 in on a game. Thanks for any input and help!

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I can try to confirm it. Let me start the process. OK. Confirming....confirming...confirming....CONFIRMED. Process complete. Titan Quest fulfills your criteria much better.

3. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Processing processing processing... thanks!

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I havent played a lot of Baldurs Gate, but I can say that Titan Quest plays much like Diablo. I am still on the first playthrough and having a lot of fun.

5. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Can give me a general idea of what Baldurs Gate is about?

6. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've never played it, but I have played plan escape: torment which is in a similar vein. It's a CRPG, computer rpg I think is what the actual name is. Isometric, so cameras facing downward. You go through the story fulfilling quests and meeting people. I have no idea on the combat but I think it's d&d based so it takes some getting used to. There's a ton of writing and making sure your stats allow you to choose certain dialogue options.

On the other hand, Titan quest is your typical ARPG, action rpg. It's a Diablo like you could also say. Small emphasis on story, very big emphasis on crafting your characters stats and skills, loot, and getting immensely powerful and fighting a ton of beasties. I hope this helped a bit

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    It is more like Star Wars - KOTOR.It HAS action but it's also a strategic rpg game,not hack & slash where you give orders to the characters that you control.Your choices/interactions with NPCs throughout the game are very important.It actually feels like an open world game (it is...) unlike Diablo and all games like Diablo which cannot really be called fully open world tbh compared to KOTOR or Baldur's gate.