Any UK devs going to 'Develop' conference (Brighton) next month?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Pamx, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
  2. Mr Qwak

Mr Qwak Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Nope! There's also an indie game developers conference in London, later this month, that I won't be going to either! (tickets sold out). :(

3. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    I will be going for part of it, even if it's just for an afternoon and evening. It's worth pointing out that although these conferences are expensive you can register for free and check out the expo and hang out in the hotel bar. If the weather is good there are some cool sea front bars just across the road. Well worth a trip to Brighton.

4. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    #4 AssyriaGameStudio, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
    Yeah I'm speaking, so I guess I should really make an appearance!

And yeah; a few of us are doing free talks in the Expo area, but really most of the value is in chatting to people at the Hotel bar in the conference venue... Oh and the linden labs party on the sea front is kick ass so you guys need to get over to that! (It's very under-advertised, but theres around £5k of bar tab so it's good fun)! - Not sure if you need a conference badge to get in or not for it... I doubt it tho.

The end of conference party is worth going to also.

5. WhiteBatGames

WhiteBatGames Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I'm going! Always interested in meeting up with other devs...

6. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    We're pitching there. Got a place in the "Indie Showcase" for Great Big War Game (coming out on the 18th).

We had an office visit from Cory a few months ago, so I hope that's enough to get us into that party, even if he don't work there any more... lol