Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Megladon

Megladon Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Central California
    I think its a reasonable request. Unfortunately in the hour I've been playing I've had more crashes then before the update. This makes me hesitant to start Arena #3 when i lose all progress because of a crash.

2. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Been trying to reproduce the handful of crashes we're still hearing about, but we're not really getting any good leads. Me and Kelli have been playing the latest build all day and haven't had a single crash, sadly. When I play arena 3 it works just fine over and over again. The only known issue in 1.0.2 that leads to a crash is using Feung's wind walk at the very last moment of a wave of enemies (or as a boss is killed). If you notice anything (even a hunch) as to what might be triggering the issue, send me a PM with your best guess.

The hex bug when cast on bosses is merely cosmetic, we're aware of that one and have fixed it in 1.0.3.

3. Megladon

Megladon Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Central California
    I've been very careful with how quickly I'm tapping the screen. The only thing i notice is when there is a lot of action going on the screen lags for a second then it will crash.

The only other level I've been playing is the last boss and that has been perfectly fine, I'm sorry I don't have anymore technical feedback.

4. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    #964 J.Leson, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    I haven't had any crashes since I split up my team in the NESW corners.

Regarding, IAP: Noooooooo :(

5. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    After updating you should be able to tap like a maniac and have no problems, so any remaining issues must be something else we haven't isolated yet. We'll keep digging til we figure it out though.

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It's not surprising that different people have different play styles, some people often do things that others never try.

7. offmemooo

offmemooo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Japan Osaka
    Any plan for supporting Japanese?

This game is very great and the best for me.
    So I want more Japanese to play this , but it supports English only.

I understand its difficult to support malti-byte language, but I think the amount of translation is very small.
    Japanese support will definitely leads to a big success.

Good luck!

8. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Still no overlap fix?

9. Rage1776

Rage1776 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Really? The game has been out, like 4 days and they already have a patch out to address some of the crashing scenarios. Give them a little.

If it was Gameloft, you'd be SOL for ever.

10. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    #970 makitango, Feb 8, 2011
    In the first build I thought it was a coincidence, but I was proven wrong. I had my witch equipped with a pair of Azamoth's Cursed Eyeballs and got lucky again with a 5-chain proc. But not lucky enough since it was ended by a crash. Though I admit i fired all 5 Drain Life's off in a spamming sequence. I guess that were just too many bolts for tiny Battleheart. :/

edit: Autosave could be easily exploited like in OMG Pirates to get like infinite scores by closing the app on incoming fail and reopening the game. Fix > autosave.

11. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    God forbid asking a question on the status of a problem is ever brought up to the developer!

12. Hebug

Hebug Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    #972 Hebug, Feb 8, 2011
    I demand my problem be fixed immediately. Never mind that the programmer has to be able to reproduce and identify the bug. Never mind that it has to pass through Apple's black box approval process.

Oh and new features should be implemented right away because I have the best ideas for someone else's vision. God forbid I learn to program and come out with the best game ever with unlimited replayability, free updates for life and every feature ever.

edit: this game is a lot of fun, but trying to keep all your characters similar level is tough.

13. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Because we all know that the overlap issue is a bug amiright?

Yep, asking for the status of the fix is definitely demanding that it should be out now. Admittedly the way I typed it out seems a bit rude. Obviously asking whether they have a fix yet is a much worse sin compared to everyone else asking the developer to create XXX class for them.

14. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    #974 Teh_Ninja, Feb 8, 2011
    Keeps crashing on "Time-Lost Canyon"

Party is: Bard, Knight, Cleric, Monk.

I'm not tapping very frantically, so I don't know what the issue is...

EDIT: Damn this is annoying, mainly because it crashes at different times...and I can't seem to find a pinpoint as to why?

EDIT#2, Ok so my Monk just froze on me, and died....... >.<

EDIT#3 Just crashed again, I think it seems to have some effect on the Red Slimes, and their attacking me?

EDIT#4 I think it has to do with the "Song of Vigor" being activated while my chars are being attacked by the Red Slimes.

EDIT#5 Nope not that, it crashed even before I was able to use any power-ups from the Cleric or Bard...

15. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    No offense taken or anything, we realize the overlapping character situation isn't ideal. I'd like to add some extra bits to the AIs behavior to tell them not to stand on each other, just haven't gotten to it yet. Busy with crash hunting and other less complicated tweaks.

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    God forbid showing a little courtesy to the developers!

17. Krobar

Krobar Active Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I was also still having a crash issue but with some discussion with Mika and some experimentation I think my problem is holding the targeting line too long is causing it. I was attacking a mob with a toon then when it was about to die I started drawing the line for the next target but not releasing it until the first target was dead. Most of the time it was fine but it caused crashing others. So I just played a few more times being aware of this problem of pre drawing and holding the line and low and behold no crashes. So please try and not draw your next target line until you mean to use it and see if that works for others.

18. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Well, after playing literally all day I finally had a "random" crash that sounds a lot like the ones we're still getting reports of. I dug through my device logs and finally found something useful, and there's nothing all that random about it.

Turns out several of our special moves (meteor, conflagrate, a few others) have teeny tiny windows of time during which a loss of target (such as the intended target dying, or the final boss vanishing and entering his "skeleton phase") will lead to a crash, as the intended target of the spell is lost. These windows of time are like... 2-3 tenths of a second on average, but they exist, and if you are casting special moves on targets who are nearly dead, you'll probably run into it a lot.

I'm patching up the offending special attacks to properly handle a loss of target right now. This will be included in 1.0.3, which addresses a ton of other smaller issues.

19. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Thanks Mika your a kick-ass dev, hope you know that. I also FULLY support IAP!

20. Awesome game, I rarely crash.. and no level is hard enough to the point of a crash screwing me over. (I grind a lot though, so that's probably why)

The only things I dislike is the lack of information about the classes (Like the bard for example, not very straight-forward), and how tough it is to keep party members close to the same level. I have to grind out hardcore to get a character even to the 20's to become slightly usable. (My main guys are around 30-33, but I've been testing out new members)

Otherwise, pretty awesome, can't wait to see what you add on in time.