Universal Joe Danger (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I feel so unloved by my iPad right now.

Huh?

2. Well, it's past release time, crashes on ipad 4, and now I will just assume it crashes on the ipad 3. Guess I'll just pick it up in the inevidable sale cause us ipaders can't play this. Sigh.

3. RedZone

RedZone New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    I.T
    Under the Sea
    It Works! Just got this on my iPad3 (3rd gen) 6.0.1 and so far no problems.:D

Guess this is a 4th gen only thing?

4. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Are there no GC achievements for this?

5. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Worth the wait and it runs perfectly fine on my iPad 3. Download with confidence, iPad 3 owners!

6. Juicy904

Juicy904 New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Germany
    Damn it crashes alle the time on my ipad 4. i didnt read the posts here ..damn. I hope the update arrives soon

7. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Interesting. Just started playing on my iPhone after having played on the iPad earlier, and the game won't give me the 1000 to unlock "The King" this time. Obviously then, it knows I've already played the game, doesn't sync anything I've accomplished, yet withholds something this time and offers to send me to the "shop." First instance I've come across where device sync is apparently being used to restrict the player only, instead of benefiting them. A bit baffling really.

8. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #68 Bloko, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    A lot of them.

Oh, if someone is still worried about how the controls work: they work amazingly well, couldn't be any better than this. I don't usually like swiping, but this game is just perfectly fit for it. You tap to jump, hold to duck, swipe to change tracks and perform tricks. Also, you tap to collect floating things. It's all about reflexes and fun and there's a lot of different kinds of obstacles to give fresh air to every new level.

The installed size is 133 MB.

The level of polish in this game is just too damn high. Easy recommendation!

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Wow if you launch the app and very quickly exit it on an ipad 4, it resprings the ipad entirely. Weird how this wasn't see by apple.

10. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yes mate :) sold my PS3 now, but miss the BFF boys.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I had to groan when it did the "you need to buy this character to play this race, here's 1,000 free coins", but other than that its an excellent version, I was going to give 5 stars but the coin thing marred things a bit so gave it 4, still excellent work other than that.

12. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    WHat does that mean?

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Respring? It's a sort of reset. It's like a reboot but it takes less time to restart.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thanks for putting the warning in the OP. Saw it right before I was going buy the game. Will definitely come back once it's updated though. The game looks like a lot of fun. Might just get it to play on my iPhone 5 before that.

15. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Playing on my iPhone 4 and loving it. The coins come pretty frequently so it shouldn't be a big deal to unlock any of the characters, except for the Golden Joe Danger at 150,000.

I am having a lot of fun trying to find the Hello Games coins in each level. I've replayed each level a few times to try to get all 3 goals. I haven't come close to any trophies on any level though. That could be tough. Fun game though. Buy it!

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bought this earlier, really like it. Very polished, graphics look great, controls work well and i'm really enjoying it. Bargain at the price.

Only bought two games this week (Pinball Kid the other one), glad this one came out

17. HelloSean

HelloSean Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hello (from Hello Games),
    Just wanted to let you know what's going on with some folks and the iPad4.

Sorry we haven’t replied sooner, we couldn’t sleep last night ‘til we had found a fix (we have one now).

From the reports we were getting, it looks like it’s not happening on all iPad4’s, but it’s definitely happening on some. All other devices and iPads are 100% working.

If people are having this problem, I’d still love them to mail [email protected] with their details (iOS version, whether they use Gamecenter, language/store region, Wifi/3G etc.). We’ll keep them up to date.

We got one report of the crash yesterday during the day (we had some more last night as the game is becoming really popular), me and Stevie (the two developers) stayed all last night until we found a fix. We fixed it very late last night, and we’ll submit that to Apple immediately after its gone through further testing here today.

Thanks for your support and patience. The toucharcade community has been amazing. Really incredible to see so many positive comments.

We’re super sorry it’s happened for some people. We want everyone to be able to play as much as they do.

Thanks,
    Sean and Stevie!

18. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Add me to the list. Symptom - Hello Games screen displays for about 3 seconds, then game crashes out to home screen.

iPad 4, iOS 6.0.1, 43gb free, WiFi only, Gamecenter, UK app store.

Two things: 1 - hard to believe how testing and Apple missed this, and 2 - the lack of iCloud means that although I can play this on my 4th gen touch I won't be able to sync progress to my iPad 4 when the fix comes out. So I'll probably just leave it and wait for the update.

19. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Add me too.

Ipad 4, 32gb, 6.0.1

I too am not only curious how apple missed it, but I remember reading that joe danger was being tested on EVERY device

I know a fix is on the way, but its frustrating.
    I downloaded thousands of games in the last 5 years and I have seen this happen about 3 or 4 times...tops.

And the one time it has to happen, it happens on joe danger, the game I have been waiting to release for a long time.

20. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Crashes for me, too.

iPad 4, 3G, 64GB, 6.0.1, not jailbroken.