Question about the new Rolando "+Plus" update

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by XciteMe83, Sep 16, 2009.

1. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    The latest Rolando 1 update includes Plus network and stuff...

But I wanted to know before I update... Does the new icon have that "Plus" banner on the corner like it does in the app store??

What I mean is, when you update Rolando, does the icon that's on your actual iPhone still have that "Plus+" banner??

I find it ugly so if it does I won't update. ;P

Thanks

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    the icon is seriously that important to you that you wont update a game to make it better?

wow....

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes it does.

4. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Indeed. I also found it quite unnecessary – it would be nice if they followed up the same for Rolando 2. Star Defence has the label but Luxor doesn't ... consistency would be king.

But I can cope with that one. Other apps I have uninstalled due to their icons – WeatherNZ is quite handy and if the icon on the phone was the same as the one on the store, it would be great; icons with black borders in general = fail, but that one is of an umbrella open across the diagonal on a black border, it doesn't even try to be rounded in any way ><.

I keep Pocket Tanks Deluxe on because it's a decent game, but icons with the app name on them also = fail.

Similarly, apps that get their names truncated on the device are fail, along with those that don't capitalise the app name. If we could just customise this stuff a bit, all would be well :). Ability to see on the store how all that would be on the device would also be nice.

5. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    You can if you jailbreak your device. I used to be really fiddly with my apps, renaming most of them and deleting ones with ugly icons. But then I realised how stupid it was, and just sort of let it be, and I'm much happier this way because I get more and better games.

6. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    some people are anal like that. i dident update for the same reason