Flying Daggers (by Sparklet Studio) - Very Tough Action Game, Serious Game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sparklet, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparklet

Sparklet Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #1 Sparklet, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    It will be available on appstore at 2012/09/05

Flying daggers is a tough platform action game, seriously challenges you control skill. Unique control style can make you immerse in the game.

Flying daggers has anything you want. More than 20 original epic tracks, vivid and refined animations, more than 10 kind of weapons and cute enemies, all in here. And the most important feature is slow motion. What can you do when the world is slow motion except you?

Game Tips:
    Slow Motion! Slow Motion! Slow Motion!

Device Compatibility

Only run on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3, iPod Touch 4. System requires iOS 4.3 or later.

Here are trailers, check it out

http://youtu.be/L0B7b5lwRGQ
    http://youtu.be/wGUNNVXVK0M

New update is coming soon.

Thanks friends keep looking forward this game. New update is submitted at yesterday with new control scheme and until now the status is "waiting for review". i'm not sure when can be available on appstore. Auto shooting and double virtual joysticks make control's experience to be more comfortable. Here is test playing video for preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8cq9...ature=youtu.be

I have to say, at first version of this game, bad control feeling makes many friends disappointed. I'm very sorry for it. People really hard to used to it. Maybe we have developed for too long time, 18 months by two people. We always thought hardcore game should be liked that. Cut instruction, no easy congratulations, fast moving and just likes "Contra" in my childhood. iPhone platform is so popular, there should be some hardcore, serious game for game fans. So game difficulty got higher and higher then forgot the first playing for people.

At very beginning of game developing in 2011, we tried some simple, popular control schemes actually. However, original design passion makes us want the game to be different, be even better.I know of high risk but…you know….the passion of first time to make game. We placed buttons in the bottom for giving touch area as much as possible. That made down button looks strange in the middle of left and right. Left finger still can slide between left and right arrow buttons and the down button wouldn't take any touch event. Down only works when figure single click on it. I thought it was perfect. Sadly, distance between arrows I think is too long now.

Last week, we have test seven different schemes. Cross direction with two action button, one joystick with one button, no down button arrow pad with auto-aiming and etc. Finally, double virtual joysticks scheme I think is easiest to hands on. We combine jump and shoot pad into one joystick. It works much better than previous. Old control scheme is also maintained, somewhere I think old control is necessary. You can pick two control scheme at anytime. But I still worried about jump(needs touch down and up quickly to trigger). So I make this test video by myself to hearing your point.

Thanks to Exact-Psience, area, Mfox76, Janni, Darth Ronfar, Mrwubbs, psj3809, dr_watson and many other friends' advices. Your replies makes FlyingDaggers much better. And we will keep improving, fixing, update this game.

Attached Files:

2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic, but I can see that a down arrow placed in between the Left and Right arrows might be awkward for fast action, since you can't just slide from one to the other.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This does look interesting. You might want to move it to the "Upcoming" section, though, until it's actually released tomorrow.

4. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Getting it. What's the price tag? :)

5. Sparklet

Sparklet Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    don't worry about that. you can side your finger from left arrow icon to right arrow straightly. Control feeling is most important.

6. Sparklet

Sparklet Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Could Admin help me to move this thread to upcoming section? It's my bad, the game is available on US appstore tomorrow.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No problem. Game looks interesting.

You can go ahead and create another thread for the game in the iPhone Games section once the game is released.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh. The action on the video just tells me to get it. Looks must-f***ing-get. I'll bite, but im a little cautious about that down arrow in between L and R.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy crap it's on the appstore priced at $3! Downloading now...

EDIT: 373mb uncompressed... Impressions later. I hope this is worth it like i think it is!

10. Game looks good, but not universal right? Guess that leaves us ipad users out.

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    This game looks awesome with quality comparable to Metal Slug...

12. Sparklet

Sparklet Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    HD version is in developing. Because ipad size is quite bigger than iphone, so the control style I decide to change a little bit for playing more comfortable. Take it easy, FlyingDaggers is coming soon.

13. helenhe

helenhe New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Beautiful

The menu is my favorite!

14. BallsToTheWall

BallsToTheWall Active Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I had a look at the youtube videos, and it makes me wonder if the "down" button is even needed at all. Maybe you guys should consider removing the down button.

15. BallsToTheWall

BallsToTheWall Active Member

Jun 21, 2011
  16. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Didn't even know this game was available, but I'm all kinds of curious now. :)

17. Sparklet

Sparklet Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes, the game is available now but with bad control's experience. New update is just submitted one hour ago and waiting for review by apple. New control scheme is coming with double virtual joysticks and auto-shooting pad and touch. I will make a playing video for preview later. Hope this new scheme won't make friends disappointed.

18. dennis40

dennis40 Active Member

Wow this looks great :D

19. Sparklet

Sparklet Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    New update is coming soon, you can watch the demo video for preview.