Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-23-2013, 01:30 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Nah. I think the best thing is for the market forces determine the optimum price for apps. If that optimum price turns out to be 69p then great! If it turns out to be higher them that's fine too.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyskull View Post
part of the problem is that roughly 1/3rd of the games available in the appstore should come with a check payable to me for installing such garbage.
+10000000000000
Old 06-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof21 View Post
I agree, I think a lot of IOS gamers bully the developers, the games are already cheap as it gets, yet all you hear is complaining.

And then the issue with IAP, I honestly don't see anything wrong with putting IAP in a game, because in reality we should be thankful that we are even being allowed to play any of it for free.

I think it's all psychological, IOS gamers have become so used to 99 cent/free games that they think it should even cost less. It's bullying, because if the developers were able to price their games higher and make it a standard then the whiners would back off or probably follow the herd and pay more.

I really do feel for the developers though.
IAP is fine but in some cases it's unfairly used. I found that with Real Racing 3. You'd have to spend hundreds of dollars or be VERY patient to complete the thing properly. That's when it becomes about greed.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

The App Store needs to be separated for casual and core gamers. The iOS platform has good potential to be a better gaming platform and Apple needs to put part of it. The premium, blockbuster games needs to cost more.
There are games very well done, deep, immersive, complex and with faith for part of the developer, not just for money (this is one of the things I don't like Gameloft's games, there are good, but they just goes half way and forget the game for release another)

Anyway, some gems at the App Store also needs to be better announced. There are great games and many people just look for runners and that kind of stuff. The App Store needs to be separated for different people and different costumers.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Truthfully, I think the current iOS model isn't so different than Steam, et al. The biggest issue is hardware, especially memory and storage limitations. If iOS devices were more robust, the quality and selection of AAA games would escalate, acceptable price levels would go up naturally, and casual games would remain cheaper.