Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2014, 04:34 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

How is everyone doing? Been awesome?

I'm here with another update on Small Chronicles! The past few days have been spent on finalizing headgear in the game! Here are a few preview screenshots of what characters look like when you equip them with headgear

Lyea with her red headband ready for some magic action!

And here's Kon with his paper bandana in action!

Headgears are also slightly different from regular equipment in the way they add stat bonuses to your character. Instead of just 1 stat, they add bonuses to 2 different stats!

And now that headgear's done, I am spending more time on making achievements more worthwhile to complete! That also means that I will be adding many new achievements to Small Chronicles!

I will posting sneak previews of the new achievements in the next update!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:27 AM

It has been a while since the last open beta update! And now v1.03 has finally arrived!

While v1.02 (the previous version) added league mode to Small Chronicles, v1.03 introduces headgears and new achievements to the game.

Equipping your characters with headgears will customize their outlook while also adding stat bonuses to them.

I have also added tons of new achievements to Small Chronicles! Completing achievements can now also earn you rubies!

And if you are curious as to what new achievements there are, you can also view them from the new achievements list!

There are also some changes and bug fixes to the game. To read all about what's new in v1.03, do check out the blog post at http://whitesponge.com/blog/open-bet...3-has-arrived/

Small Chronicles' open beta is coming to its closing soon! Which means that the announcement of the official release date of Chapter 1 is near!

So do always check back for when it's announced!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:40 PM

How's everyone's day? Awesome?

Small Chronicles' progress is still going on strong! I have spent the last few days taking screenshots and adding in-game help content!

If there's anything that you don't understand in the game, the in-game help content will be there to aid you!

And of course you can always tweet me at @WhiteSponge too!

In-game tips are on the way too!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Hey everyone! How has your day been?

I have just added tips to Small Chronicles! They will appear randomly during the game's loading scene (as shown below)!

And here's the video version of it!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

And just 1 more thing ~ the open beta of Small Chronicles is coming to its end soon so if you want to contribute your feedback and also earn rewards for doing so, be sure to hurry up and sign up now!

You can do so at http://www.whitesponge.com/games/sma...icles/openbeta
Old 02-15-2014, 04:13 AM

Hey everyone! I'm back with another update!

As I had mentioned before, Small Chronicles will be released into multiple chapters.

Chapter 1 - Key of Light and Darkness introduces the first two playable characters - Kon and Lyea.

Kon, whose sister was mysteriously kidnapped by an unknown evil force, sets out on an journey to rescue her.

On the other hand, Lyea, who is also Kon's childhood friend, decides to chase after Kon when she discovered that he left without saying anything.

Chapter 1 only tells the first half of the game's story but also introduces league mode!

League mode is where you can pit your characters against other opponents and win awesome rewards (rubies)!

So what about the 2nd half of the game?

That's where Chapter 2 comes in

I will also be announcing when the open beta closes and the official release date of Chapter 1 really soon! ^^
Old 02-20-2014, 08:51 PM

Hey everyone! How's your day again? I'm back with another update on Small Chronicles!

A new update for the open beta has arrived! As mentioned before, this update introduces

1) In-game help content

A great place for you to check and learn more about the game mechanics behind Small Chronicles

2) Tips

And here's the video version of it!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

3) Push notifications! Get notified when you are attacked by another league player!

4) New community forums! To join the forums, go to Help -> Community -> Forums!

So what’s coming next for Small Chronicles? Well for one the credits are still missing from the game. This is the place where all testers will have their name appear for being awesome and contributing to the game’s progress.

Also watch out for an important announcement regarding Chapter 1 coming soon after that! Cheers!

Last edited by WhiteSponge; 02-21-2014 at 12:36 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 PM

Hey guys/gals how's your day? It is going to be another awesome weekend!

Remember when I mentioned that I reduced the file size during 1 of the previous open beta updates for Small Chronicles? Well I did it again...

From the initial size of 200MB, I reduced it to around 150MB by simply changing the file compression formats for the voice over audio files. If you want to know how, do check out this post by Gamua

While that is indeed a huge decrease in size, it still exceeds the 100MB allowance for downloading apps over cellular networks. So what else can be done to further decrease the total size?

By making the game's content downloadable! Moving the game's content to a server allows the game to be shipped with a much smaller footprint!

As not everyone will use the in-game help content frequently, moving it to a server and making it downloadable further reduces the game's total size!

So how much was shaved off from the game's total size?

That's almost 60MB gone! While it might not seem like a lot, it is a lot when you are downloading something with that size on your mobile device!

With that said, does that mean that Small Chronicles Chapter 1 is coming really soon?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:39 PM

hey everyone! How's your day been?

It has been more than 2 weeks since I last posted an update here! I have spent the last 2 weeks doing final testings on the game and also weeding out any possible remaining bugs!

I would say that I'm at the last mile (about 95%) done for the release of Chapter 1! So while that's going on, here are a few more (last few) preview screenshots!

The last screenshot shows a last minute change that I made in the game. Basically instead of always stunning (100%), Kon's charge skill now has a chance (4 - 12%, dependent on level of skill) of stunning. This change should make the game more balanced as there won't be anymore abusing of the skill

I will be announcing Chapter 1's release date right after I have finished the final round of testing!

If you want to find out earlier, you can also like Small Chronicles on Facebook or follow on Twitter! Cheers!
Old 06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

What is the difference between league and story? Can't quite figure that out. Is league have to do with multiplayer?

Edit, this seems to be the wrong thread. Please delete, I will try to find the main thread. Thanks.