iPad Adventure Bar Story - (by RideonJapan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 7, 2012.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    from some battles i would say that combat is similar to ff series, but even more basic and it really sucks. However there is an auto fight so it is good option. Wheel controls are so so too, they could really use better ui for iphone. The graphics are good and the game runs great. I expected you could make some simple dishes as you want but it seems like the game uses only list of predefined receipts and that makes the game not that fun.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You actually can, from what I understand from the first few minutes of playing. You can basically add whatever you want to a dish, and some combinations will result in recipes being discovered. Or did I misread your post? :)

3. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    What? It's out in Germany? Why it's not out in Croatia then?! I'm waiting for this and Storm Strikers and its almost 3AM here.. Hello... Apple

4. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I think he basically wants the ability to make our own or something. Like, for example, I can't have Mayonnaise on Bread, which I really enjoy in person.

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The game has over four hundred different recipes, many of which can be found, discovered through random experimentation, by looking at existing recipes and playing around with ingredients or tools, or invented by using logic to create things that seem like they "should work".

I don't think it's really so unfair that you can't just throw any old crap together and have it count as a recipe, especially when many features in the game revolve around the things you make and their effects.

6. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    I'm not saying it's unfair. They did a really good job on the game, and I'm not dissing it.

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    That was more a general statement, and not directed at you specifically. ^_^

8. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Ah. Sorry about misunderstanding!

9. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Is there an auto-battle option? If so, how sophisticated is it?

10. Edgar Drake

Edgar Drake New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    It doesn't released in my country, and it's already 10 am here. T_T... Why...

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

I normally steer clear of these sorts of RPGs, but the premise here sounded different enough for me to give it a shot. Came to it with zero expectations, and surprisingly enough finding myself enjoying pretty much all aspects of the gameplay so far. Even the random battles have not managed to spoil it for me yet. No idea how long it will hold my interest, but going on what I've seen, folks who are actually into this genre should find a lot to like here I think.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    And this is reason we all move to the beat of a different drum. ;) Still for the amount of content your getting for a buck...I can live without the added personalization. Looking forward to downloading in just under 30 min. Hope it looks good at x2 on the iPad and really hope sales will push a universal update. :)

13. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    ZigZa posted a screenshot of what it looks like.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  15. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Downloading now! This game is gonna be awesome!

16. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
  17. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Oh gosh, I love the icon. Getting it now.

18. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Currently downloading, can't wait to play :D

19. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    imo it looks great :D

20. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    So far, a really great game. I really love the sound track :D Too bad I have to sleep right now, I really want to continue playing :(