Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Not even slightly portable. Just a hundred times better. I guess we'll all have to use our outdoor roaming time for eating and making out with hot chicks, like we did in the 80s.
I would take chicks over a console any day of the week.

But, people still laugh at me for trying to play my ipad as a console, but it is a heck of a lot of fun. I dragged out one of my old xboxes, played halo, jetset radio, soul calibur, and mame. Got bored in 2 hours. Put it away, got my ipad out, stuck my hdmi tv cable in, got my icade core out and had a lot of fun. Metal slug x was awesome with a joystick.

And you know what? I like both the icade core and Gameloft duo gamer better than the xbox controller. The icade core is more like an arcade stick, and the gameloft duo is lighter. Plus of course they are wirless not wired.

Anyway, hopeful an apple joystick will come out by xmas time, if not, it's ok with me for now, I got 2 great joysticks to use in the meantime
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Read the updated stories -- there isn't a plan for this controller apparently at all.

The next "new" thing is a streaming radio service - iRadio.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Read the updated stories -- there isn't a plan for this controller apparently at all.

The next "new" thing is a streaming radio service - iRadio.
Anyone got any links? Too bad if true, would have loved to see an official apple joystick. At sometime they are gonna have to do something cause Microsoft will have one for sure, and android will have something too. Apple has to do it sometime or other, I would think.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Don't see much on google news about the apple joystick other articles referring to the pocketgamer article, but nothing that discounts the info totally.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/03/29/...me-controller/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...game-hardware/

http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...roller-1141596
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm okay with iCade, because it's actually providing something new. I get more tempted by the thought of buying one every day.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm okay with iCade, because it's actually providing something new. I get more tempted by the thought of buying one every day.
The icade core still will have a niche due to it's real arcade stick and it's large 8 buttons. I actually like it way more than my old xbox controllers. It makes you feel like you are in an arcade, and even has an optional slot where you can put your ipad. Much funner playing with a stick vs a dpad, but Sometimes having a dual analog stick like the gameloft duo gamer joystick is cool too.

But having one supported by apple would be great cause all the developers would support it and also many would update their old games for joystick support. I am hopeful that the icade core will always continue to be supported even if Apple makes its own joystick. They have totally different feels, so don't see why they couldn't coexist.

Danmaku 2 pictured with an icade core joystick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (519.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I dragged out one of my old xboxes, played halo, jetset radio, soul calibur, and mame. Got bored in 2 hours. Put it away, got my ipad out, stuck my hdmi tv cable in, got my icade core out and had a lot of fun. Metal slug x was awesome with a joystick.
How old are you?
Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

IMHO the iCade is a waste of money. It's cute, fun at first, but impractical. When I play games on my iPad I don't bother to go sit at a table and put it in the iCade. If I want to play games like that I'll play the Xbox 360 or PS3. And there are plenty of really great download games for both. Connector needs to check out one or the other soon to be last gen consoles.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Nice work bringing a dead thread back to life, and getting hopes up over nothing!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
IMHO the iCade is a waste of money. It's cute, fun at first, but impractical. When I play games on my iPad I don't bother to go sit at a table and put it in the iCade. If I want to play games like that I'll play the Xbox 360 or PS3. And there are plenty of really great download games for both. Connector needs to check out one or the other soon to be last gen consoles.
You sound like you have the original one which is massive and needs a table. Like this.

Do you have the icade core joystick? Can't see why you would call that a waste of money. It supports quite a few games that I am working with devs to put in like Plasma sky, the other bros, bellyfish, impossible road, crumble zone, and others.

The icade core can easily fit in your lap, even with the ipad on it. And for something fancier, use it with hdmi for a somewhat console experience.

I am in no way saying that this console experience is anywhere close to a ps3, but I do find it much funner than my last generation xbox. Way more.

So my main question to you is, do you have an icade core? My only main complaint about icade is it is a bluetooth joystick hack, so it is not totally smooth, but for the most part plays great, and the icade core is perfect for the lap, table, or hdmi tv.

Last edited by Connector; 05-16-2013 at 02:37 PM..