Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default

You try it now now

free with ads https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-light-box/id789628917?ls=1&mt=8
1.99 with no ads https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-light-box-premium/id789656300?ls=1&mt=8
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default




Was developed from prototype stage with input from TA forum, checkout the thread in the developer section to see old videos to see how it has changed for release.


Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Destined; 01-06-2014 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default


Youtube link | Pop Up


I have made improvements based on feedback and about to submit
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Wizardo Wizardo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 86
Default

Congrats on the release!

It was cool to watch a concept go to a released game so quickly. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardo View Post
Congrats on the release!

It was cool to watch a concept go to a released game so quickly. Good luck!

Thank you. You reminded me I need to submit the update!

I might actually release another game this weekend based on a museum display this weekend that I really liked but is much more simple than this game. It is basically a challenge to accurately count time in your head which is significantly harder than you expect!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 AM
BlindAlbino BlindAlbino is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: La Habra Hights, California
Posts: 50
Default

I agree with Hobbsicle and others that have posted already. There is definitely something here! The market appeal could be there, I think, as it is almost instantly clear what you are getting into once you see the game, and for me at least, it makes me want to interact with it instinctively. I don't have to talk myself into being interested, the impulse is there naturally. It's like a hybrid between a cute Rubik's Cube and a Hellraiser Puzzle Box.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindAlbino View Post
I agree with Hobbsicle and others that have posted already. There is definitely something here! The market appeal could be there, I think, as it is almost instantly clear what you are getting into once you see the game, and for me at least, it makes me want to interact with it instinctively. I don't have to talk myself into being interested, the impulse is there naturally. It's like a hybrid between a cute Rubik's Cube and a Hellraiser Puzzle Box.
Thanks for the kind comments.

I have started to want to make a physical version of it really badly.

Despite so-so downloads, I am going to release a couple of updates cause I made some extra puzzles I didn't release which make it more colourful.

Overall it was fun to make and I enjoy it
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 PM
takemuraori takemuraori is offline
Member
iPad Air
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 47
Default

I would love to give my few cents. I love puzzles, diffidently a target audience here, I also design puzzles (among other things).

I would say what many have mentioned, game has a GREAT potential, that is currently not utilized as visuals, presentation and overall product should be given a dedicated effort that they deserve.

Visuals is what strikes the player first, be they very minimal or abundant, they have to be consistent and polished, I am sure there are freelance game designers who would agree to help you out even if you have no budget or time, or facing problems with some parts like UI. The typography, menu and all the rest of UI as wells s touch feedback on the cube, they are all loudly crying for being seriously approached.

Rotation should have kinetic easing, many have mentioned about faces that are lit up, they hard to see.

Honestly you can have an awesome product that many many people will play and enjoy, not just game developers or people who accidentally found it and weren't discouraged by some of the visuals, not only hardcore puzzle players, again those who are hardcore would have 100 times easier item finding about your game, this could be a top tier game, it just needs more time and hopefully diversity in puzzles beyond those that light-up, say colors of lights, may be patters that move with light in harder levels?

I have a personal question, why did you go for turning all the lights off the cube instead of exactly same mechanics but where you would have to light all the dark ones?

Last edited by takemuraori; 01-24-2014 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemuraori View Post
I would love to give my few cents. I love puzzles, diffidently a target audience here, I also design puzzles (among other things).

I would say what many have mentioned, game has a GREAT potential, that is currently not utilized as visuals, presentation and overall product should be given a dedicated effort that they deserve.

Visuals is what strikes the player first, be they very minimal or abundant, they have to be consistent and polished, I am sure there are freelance game designers who would agree to help you out even if you have no budget or time, or facing problems with some parts like UI. The typography, menu and all the rest of UI as wells s touch feedback on the cube, they are all loudly crying for being seriously approached.

Rotation should have kinetic easing, many have mentioned about faces that are lit up, they hard to see.

Honestly you can have an awesome product that many many people will play and enjoy, not just game developers or people who accidentally found it and weren't discouraged by some of the visuals, not only hardcore puzzle players, again those who are hardcore would have 100 times easier item finding about your game, this could be a top tier game, it just needs more time and hopefully diversity in puzzles beyond those that light-up, say colors of lights, may be patters that move with light in harder levels?

I have a personal question, why did you go for turning all the lights off the cube instead of exactly same mechanics but where you would have to light all the dark ones?
I have changed the way the cube rotates and currently waiting apple to approve. I have also made the sides easier to see when lighting up.

I have a couple of new variations including a very colourful one to come which I hope I will find time to do.

I agree my menus might not be that great but I feel they are functional enough. I am not sure I will spend more time on the menus (as I am building my next game now).

On the overall visuals I have actually received a lot of positive feedback with only a little negative (and I personally like them!) so they are staying I am not going to please everybody.


There was something environmentally friendly about switching things off. I have actually thought about making it all on, or all off, either solves the puzzle.

Thanks for playing and the detailed feedback!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Destined Destined is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 426
Default

Will be adding gamecentre achievements soon, here is a look at the little gamecenter icons!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent