Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    completely non reliable from my experience. i returned to the game this past july. my airports, aircraft, level, everything was gone. except i was still in #toucharcade group in game. Contacted support. Friendly response offered to help restore based on most recent screenshots of my last play with old fleet. Replied with screenshot link, never heard from them again.

-shrugs-

the games so much fun though that 3 weeks later i had my fleet back up from regular gameplay and never bothered pestering for a followup lol.

2. Haexii

Haexii New Member

Aug 21, 2016
    It works now. I kust started again aswell and wanted to sync between iPhone and iPad. There is no backup in iCloud maybe that was your problem.

3. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  4. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    In the Video above is the latest version with Mega Hack with All for Free and Level 100

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    What's New in Version 1.2.2
    + New friends functionality
    + 64 bit compatibility

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

Yep, they implemented the friend code they have in TT.
    AFAIK, my GC friends are still there.
    So cross platform crews are here... a tad late lol
    https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/pp/15B6

7. PocketPlanes1991

PocketPlanes1991 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    So I just painstakingly hit 66'00 bux and I hit convert and I've read a number of times that the safest number to convert is around 65'000 so I did that and now I have 1000 bux and not even 100 coins so I must WTF has happened to my game !!!

8. kickasslee

kickasslee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    I'm pretty sure the max to safely convert is 59,999 but I might be wrong. I believe that Faye Valentine has an old link to that subject in her profile of I remember right... Anyone else want to chime in?

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

contact support @ NimbleBit and explain clearly what happened, they usually will credit your Bux back. ;)

Yeah, the bug is usual in games that use a long integer to store the coins value. The cap is related to 2^31-1 so about 2,147,400,000 (2.1 billion coins)
    If you convert too many bux, you go past the coins cap and it breaks.
    We had a calculator in the TA1 crew spreadsheet somewhere to optimize it, not sure if it's still functioning.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

10. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    How do I contact them ?

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    My id is 46LX

Add me on Pocket Planes by tapping this link! https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/pp/46LX

12. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    #19272 PocketPlanes1991, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    So I've finally gotten into Flight Crew madness after I converted my bux into coins and I now have 44 slots ! I'm with #TA1 crew and I've managed to top the current and last 2 events to my surprise although I do remain at. Not having a job and playing on an iPad to an extent helps I suppose ! Can I ask, do these things always happen at Class 1 airports ? Sure the layover aspect is challenging but it gets annoying having to manage class 3s feeding into 1 layover airport (Usually the closest to the Class 1 airport) and then the fleet of Class 1s going to the end destination. I've had to retire my Class 2s as with them, I was getting more jobs coming in and I couldn't handle it !

Is the original TA flight crew still going ?

13. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    In the original TouchArcade flight crew, whats the leader board on that like ? I'm on TA1 and I'm just sitting on the top !

14. A330Alex

A330Alex New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Advice for a noob

Hey guys,

Bit of a Pocket Planes noob here! I started a couple of days ago and have gotten a little addicted. I've currently got about 9 slots of mainly class 1's (may have used them to go a little overboard in the current event... got to 3rd in the main touchardcade group). I just got my first Birchcraft and I'm in the position to start looking at class 3 airports so I was wondering if anyone had some strategy advice? Currently I've been running 3/4 capacity aircraft in a Europe-Asia corridor down to Rangoon which has been working quite well but I wasn't sure on what to focus on now. Any advice/tips are greatly appreciated!

Friend code: 7KD1

15. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I just sent you parts for one of my favorite planes in PP, the mixed Aeroeagle. I keep plenty of Aeros around for both events in class 2 cities and just general short-distance transport of bux/event items.

Figure out the furthest straight-line route and run it for coins. In Asia, you can do a reasonably straight hop of Class 3 cities from Manila to London. That Aeroeagle will get you across the Atlantic (Lisbon-Boston with no distance upgrades, London-New York with max distance upgrades). There's a handy distance calculator available here: http://therustysnowman.com/proj/pocketplanes.php

16. A330Alex

A330Alex New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Thanks for the parts! However I think you've sent me the controls of a Cyclone instead of a Aeroeagle, I can send that back if you let me know your friend code. I've recently got Manila so I've been running London-Manila and getting quite a bit of profit.

Also thanks for that link, very helpful!

17. BobbyH

BobbyH Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Present status

Attached Files:

18. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    D'oh! Alex, I sent you the Aeroeagle control and the other Cyclone parts. The Cyclone is my red-city workhorse; I keep 15 red cities open and station a mixed Cyclone in each one. Kangaroos are my favorite for Class 1 city events, although I keep some Mohawks and Mapple Pros in circulation.

Cyclones take a lot of bux to build so hold off on assembling that until you can spare the bills.

19. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Transfering game to new device

I've been playing Pocket Planes forever on an old iPhone. I just got a new iPad. Is there an foolproof way to transfer my game progress to the new iPad?

20. 4004

4004 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Belarus
    IIRC it has iCloud support, but you could also make a copy of the Documents folder of the app.
    The thread seems broken a bit. Also, amazed to see the community and (more surprisingly) the game still alive. It feels like a lifetime ago when PP was released