Order and Chaos

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by akwats, Jun 22, 2013.

1. akwats

akwats Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Operations Manager
    Arkansas
    Hey folks!

First post here.

Do any of you play Order and Chaos? I was a long time WoW player but not much time for that anymore. I was thinking a mobile MMO would be cool. Thoughts around this game? Class, race, etc info would be cool.

If not this game, any other iOS MMO's out there worth playing?

I will be on my iPhone 5 if that helps.

Thanks! :)

2. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Welcome to TA.

I used to play O&C pretty frequently but I quit a year ago due to terrible customer service on the part of Gameloft. From what I know of the game now it's degraded to a mess of hackers and glitch exploiters and the economy is hyperinflated. I'm not 100% on that though, so you may want to check out the O&C thread on TA:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92325&highlight=order+chaos

Or check out the official O&C forums for builds and detailed guides, etc:

http://www.gameloft.com/?request=forum&url=forumdisplay.php%3F574-Order-amp-Chaos-Online-%2596-English

In all honestly, if Gameloft actually hired good moderators from the beginning, and there weren't as many readily available exploits, this would actually be a quality MMO.

3. akwats

akwats Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Operations Manager
    Arkansas
    Cool. Thanks for the fast response.

Reading through the threads, sounds like typical Gameloft not being so nice.

Would you recommend any other RPG or MMORPG??

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Xenome is good for mmo'ers looking to go single player.
    Aralon is great.
    The latest ravensword is nice, research it tough.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    9th dawn is a great classic RPG. Very close to early Ultima games

Avalon is also a great 3rd person RPG with a huge non linear world

6. akwats

akwats Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Operations Manager
    Arkansas
    Shockingly surprised with how fast this community responds!

9th Dawn looks great. And I apparently purchased Avalon once before lol

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Here are some other (3D) mmorpgs:
    - MMORPGs by SpaceTime Studios:
    - Pocket legends (excellent game to be honest, with a lot of hidden depth, especially in PVP, don't let the cartoony graphics, which slowly grow to your heart, fool you. Too bad that developers abandoned it and the only updates PL gets are overpriced vanity items. Has one of the best gaming communities you can wish for though. Besides, the game is completely free, unless you want to look nice with vanity items and want to buy elixirs for PVE)
    - Star legends (Sci-Fi themed. Similar to PL, but worse... It feels like a ghost-town sometimes now)
    - Dark legends (a horror themed mmorpg. It has timers which are a big turn-off. The game is almost dead.)
    - Arcane legends (the newest of the Legends games. It also has a new mechanic: Pets, which consume quite a lot of gold. Try the game, you might like it.)
    - World of Midgard (current name: Midgard rising, don't get this... The game has been in beta for like 2 years now and the developers keep promising stuff that they couldn't deliver. It has lots of bugs, it had an excellent community which left when they saw that the game is a dead end. The game failed its kickstarter campaign twice and it also failed on indiegogo.)
    - armed heroes (played this one for like 2 hours, but I figured I'd rather play Order and Chaos).

I was addicted to certain two mobile MMOs and it was quite fun to play them. However the problem is that mobile MMOs don't last... After a year or two most of them get abandoned by developers and you realize that the game is a dead end and that you have to quit. You also realize how much precious time you wasted playing them....

8. akwats

akwats Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Operations Manager
    Arkansas
    Primoz thanks for all the info!

Gonna check out Celtic Heroes, looks pretty cool.

Overall in my opinion, Order and Chaos seems to be the actual choice tho. And I get that it is a copy of WoW, but WoW is successful....

9. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    The MMO environ on the App Store is really sparse tbh. Except for the reasons I mentioned already, I honestly think that O&C is by far the best option for those who want the true MMO experience with great presentation and good value. The recent updates have added a massive new continent and new dungeons and equipment, so it's a decent time to get into the game. The exploits are the biggest issue due to players giving themselves extra skills in PVP (which unlocks the game's best equips) but if you can get past that it's pretty good.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

I'll join ya in that.
    Same name as me name here.