Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

When can episode 2 be expected?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:56 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

To have let this game lie dormant on my device for so long, such a waste of awesomeness... This is probably one of the most polished, most ambitious, and above all most fun games I've ever played on this platform.

After counter-attacks, throws, special and push attacks have been unlocked, Spiral even goes quite a way towards satisfying my ever malcontent inner fighter, who is never satisfied with any combat system that is not a mix-up of Lugaru, Zeno Clash, Die by the Sword and Oni

I've no expectations the devs will ever have the means to realize something like this, but an open world game on the same premise, preferably in the same world, tied to Spiral, with expanded character progression and additional activities, but with the same really satisfying combat, fun platforming and meaningful social interaction, would be a dream game for ANY platform.

Last edited by Ayjona; 04-08-2014 at 09:16 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Banned
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
When can episode 2 be expected?
They are working on a Warhammer 40k game

http://pixelherogames.com/xenos-announced/
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ight=eisenhorn
Old 04-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
To have let this game lie dormant on my device for so long, such a waste of awesomeness... This is probably one of the most polished, most ambitious, and above all most fun games I've ever played on this platform.
Tragically true. People seized up over its uniquely capable battle system, supposed brevity, and ostensibly high price. I among others hailed it as the defining moment coalescing touch action, but people were having none of it aside from the many who "got it". It's like the idea of its doing well bothered them more than it mattered to them that it was a really good game, simply for its shaking up their comfort zone of established gameplay conventions. Like its being massively pirated was simultaneously an homage to it or admission it's actually good, while defending their preconceptions, too cowardly to admit they liked it enough to feel guilty for not supporting the devs with a purchase. Disgusting.

I myself couldn't stand the non-combat controls but never let that cloud my judgement of its stellar, innovative combat, particularly the dynamic action set pieces like the hovercopter battles, excellent animation, reasonable script, nice mix of combat scenarios and play types (action, gunning, puzzle, stealth...) and just overall awesomeness.

Monument Valley's currently burning up the charts; I can't help feeling Spiral should have enjoyed similar success but the demographic of action fans are trained to be too anti-cerebral to even appreciate how awesome an action game Spiral is. Such a waste...

The fact the devs bent over backwards to keep it playable after iOS 7 halved their memory pool just makes me all the more torn-up over their cold-shoulder treatment by iOS gamers...
Old 06-20-2014, 02:14 PM

Is the Episode 2 in development?
Old 06-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I purchased this game recently and had no expectations going but mab it turned out to be a quality title fantastic art style,good graphics,good animations,great combat and a nice story. Other devs shoild learn how from this game specially some big names*.This game deserves all the accolades.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 AM

About how many hours is this?
Old 07-05-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
About how many hours is this?
about 4-5 hrs for me