Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-22-2014, 05:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Under 90MB installed.
Yeah, the original size is 24.4 MB, with 5 music tracks and all sprites and images using up most of the space.
Once Apple has encrypted and codesigned the binary for the store, the size might be slightly different, though.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:15 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default Class abilities

Each class in Tactics Maiden has a special class ability.

To give a few examples: Rogues and Assassins have a high chance to evade counter attacks, Paladins' attack damage is always increased by 20% against undead, and Pikemen have the ability ‘Unstoppable’ which makes them immune to movement debuffs.

Class abilities can be also acquired via rare or legendary items.
Thus, units can make use of one or more other class abilities for interesting combinations.

Here is a list of the standard class abilities:

Undead Hunter: +20% damage vs undead. -10% damage vs human.
Human Hunter: +20% damage vs humans. -10% damage vs beasts.
Beast Hunter: +20% damage vs beasts. -10% damage vs undead.
Evade: 80% chance to get no damage from a counter attack.
Berserker: 60% more damage if own hit points are below 33% (orange HP).
Charm Immunity: Immune to Bewitch skill.
HP Regeneration: Regenerates hit points after each turn.
Gold Digger: Better rewards from defeating opponents (Lvl).
Rabbit Run: +1 Mov if own HP lower 66%. +2 Mov if own HP lower 33%.
Stealth Tracker: Lowers an opponent's chance of successfully hiding close to the unit.
Bane of Archers: 20% more damage against archers.
Critical Hit Immunity: Negates additional damage done by critical hits.
Quick Learner: Increased experience gain.
Unstoppable: Immune to movement debuffs.
Swift: +1 Mov but 5% less damage.
Stealth Master: +5% success rate for Hide and Prowl.
Pierce Resistance: Uses average of D-Phy, D-Bow and D-Mag as pierce protection.
Life Saver: 30% chance to survive a lethal blow with 1 HP instead.
Poison Immunity: Immune to poison.
Silence Immunity: Immune to silence.
Poisoner: 10% chance to inflict poison.
Silencer: 10% chance to silence an opponent.
Ranged Counter: Can counter ranged attacks.
Wounded Pride: +10% critical hit chance if own HP lower 70%. +35% critical hit chance if own HP lower 33%.
Massive Criticals: Increased damage for critical hits.

There are a few additional abilities only available via rare and legendary items.

Edit: To be more accurate, the list above comprises already 2 abilities only available via items (Gold Digger, Stealth Master).

Last edited by niebau; 08-25-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
Life Saver: 30% chance to survive a lethal blow with 1 HP instead.
The Life Saver character buff is a game changer especially when it shows up on enemies; just when you think you've scored a vital strike the enemy flaunts death and devastates you instead. It's so devious things almost seem mean spirited, if it wasn't so much fun.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The 30% Livesaver is quite ... interesting ... indeed.
Especially because it always seems to kick in when you need it the least
On the plus side, there are various counter-units with skills that do two attacks in a row (Livesaver does not trigger when you are at 1hp) .

Some numbers fun: we now have 110 pages with 1090 posts in the betatest thread; quite an accomplishment for one poor overworked developer and a small bunch of part-time testers, I'd say
Old 08-27-2014, 03:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default Release Date - September 18

We had a few minor issues with the app approval process, so we can’t make it in time, unfortunately.

In order to offer a reliable release date, I've postponed the iOS release to September 18 now.
Really sorry for that, but these kind of things just happen.

Last edited by niebau; 08-27-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Old 08-27-2014, 12:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Here's my impressions on Tactics Maiden, boo on the release delay.

I’ve sent over 80 hours playing Tactics Maiden in the past month, but maybe biased since the Kingturn series (from same developer) are favorites of mine and from beta participation. In my opinion Tactics Maiden is one of the best mobile releases so far this year. You won’t find a game with more capacity to challenge, ability to customize solutions, and depth on mobile.

Levels are puzzle-like with environmental barriers requiring different solutions (you can’t just bash your way through but need to be smart due to enemies on all fronts or other details). One of the coolest things is how devious the enemy artificial intelligence is; beneath all the strategy elements Tactics Maiden might be an enemy AI simulator most of all and the developer seemed especially focused on crafting a smart intelligence system. There are 80+ scenarios, which can be played in bit sized chunks – most levels took me 15 – 60 minutes to play. Autosave is great so if you need to pick up a game where you left off later it’s seamless.

The diversity of character classes makes it feel like there are plentiful options; it’s impossible to use all accessible characters in one level. Tactical variety is highlighted by all the equipment (there are multiple types of same tiers items – ex: with armor you can protect against two but not all of the damage types so need to chose wisely because there is often a weakness – bows, physical, or magic); nevermind loot giving bonus abilities/buffs at times. There are a ton of special abilities (based on MP) that offer different styles even within the same character class along with certain class buffs (i.e. mages have a chance of surviving otherwise fatal blows with 1HP). Plot-wise I found the story to be good but at times stalls with so many scenarios.

Tactics Maiden is essential to try if you enjoy mobile gaming; for $4.99 it’s a bargain but it may not be for everyone. One key is the ability to adjust difficulty to your taste (I recommend 4 for strategy fans, you can decrease/increase at any time). After each level there are plentiful statistics. Definitely give Tactics Maiden a shot, highly recommended - it's better than the Kingturn games were (and Kingturn/etc is great).