Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 04-29-2011, 05:28 AM

I think everyone(?) agree that not replying support-mail is both irritating to the consumer, and probably bad business in the long term. But again, I don't think anyone in these particular forums are able to actually help you with this.

You might have a better shot asking if anyone else have the knowledge or experience with the apps over in the iOS Apps section of the forums.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
I think everyone(?) agree that not replying support-mail is both irritating to the consumer, and probably bad business in the long term. But again, I don't think anyone in these particular forums are able to actually help you with this.

You might have a better shot asking if anyone else have the knowledge or experience with the apps over in the iOS Apps section of the forums.
Falk is right, if you want to know more about app x you are in the wrong section of TA, a mod should move this thread to iOS apps
Old 07-12-2013, 06:05 PM

Default It's a trap!

Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure this thread is dead but I'm posting here because this thread is one of the first results when searching for "escargot studios scam" on google.

A few months ago I was looking for a good craigslist app and I discovered that there were several from the same developer. I wasn't sure what if any difference there was, so I bought what I thought would be the best one, the CraigslistUltimate app. It worked well for a while.

A month or so ago the app stopped being able to post ads. It crashes every time you try to add photos. This is well reported to the dev. There are many reports of this on the application's reviews. In searching it appears that this dev's process is to drive revenue by forcing users to change to a new paid app in order to get updates that fix broken functionality. So, if you buy craigsPro that is NOW in the market, a few months from now they'll release craigsPlus or some other iteration which is functionally no different than before, maybe some new icons. Suddenly your Pro app stops working for you and their answer is to buy the Plus app, if you even get an answer.

As far as I can tell this dev doesn't respond to any emails. They used to have an auto-responder but even that is offline now.

Anyway, this is my personal experience with them since the OP asked. I would NEVER pay them for another app based off the experience I've had with them. I've reported them to google as scammers and I hope that more people will do the same and google will come to associate them with the word scam because that's all they're running.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Default Warning Escargot Studios does not have a privacy policy

I looked all around in the app, in the app store, and on their not so official looking few paged website and still can't find a privacy policy. They give the impression in a statement that sounds like they are officially licensed by Craigslist, but I think this just applies to the trademarks they use. If this app has anything to do with Craigslist, Craigslist should demand that they publish a privacy policy. Considering the huge number of people using this app you would think they could operate more professionally and not only answer email as mentioned above, but also at least have a privacy policy. I'm deleting this app until they publish one.

In regards to some above comments-- I am currently using CL Mobile (deleting after this post), but it has already been deleted from the app store. cPro appears to be the new version and is very similar to the CL Mobile app. Why would anyone rebrand a product over and over again? The above post explains it-- They disable functions on the old versions then get you to migrate and pay again for the rebranded version. If this is true, what a scam!

Last edited by Motor; 08-05-2013 at 12:03 AM..
Old 09-10-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbleon View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure this thread is dead but I'm posting here because this thread is one of the first results when searching for "escargot studios scam" on google.

A few months ago I was looking for a good craigslist app and I discovered that there were several from the same developer. I wasn't sure what if any difference there was, so I bought what I thought would be the best one, the CraigslistUltimate app. It worked well for a while.

A month or so ago the app stopped being able to post ads. It crashes every time you try to add photos. This is well reported to the dev. There are many reports of this on the application's reviews. In searching it appears that this dev's process is to drive revenue by forcing users to change to a new paid app in order to get updates that fix broken functionality. So, if you buy craigsPro that is NOW in the market, a few months from now they'll release craigsPlus or some other iteration which is functionally no different than before, maybe some new icons. Suddenly your Pro app stops working for you and their answer is to buy the Plus app, if you even get an answer.

As far as I can tell this dev doesn't respond to any emails. They used to have an auto-responder but even that is offline now.

Anyway, this is my personal experience with them since the OP asked. I would NEVER pay them for another app based off the experience I've had with them. I've reported them to google as scammers and I hope that more people will do the same and google will come to associate them with the word scam because that's all they're running.
If they are scam artists, how come they have rave reviews on Appstore ? They have thousands of reviews and their average is 4.5 stars.

Either their apps are genuinely good or they have figured out a way to game the reviews and downloads on App store. They are the most popular craigslist app on the appstore.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM

Default They only have two versions of the app now

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeed View Post
Hi, I am just a nobody that is looking for information on craigslist apps on the applestore. I cannot find good information from google so I resort to this forum where I frequent.

Now this company Escargot Studios, LLC has a broken web site that doesn't even work. They have about three different craigslist apps on the app store as far as I know, and a few free versions of it. To me, they are all the same.

My question is this: how did three of the same apps under different names get approved? If there is any differences, what are they, I can't seem to find them for myself? On a side note, some reviewers on the app store says they are 'forced' to review the app. Is this not a shady practice by developers?

Why do they not answer e-mails when the description in the app says to email them if we have any questions?

How does a shady company like this even stay in business?

Here is the list of apps I'm talking about:
1) Craigslist Ultimate + Notifications
2) CraigsPro+ : Craigslist + Notifications + Photo Wall + Posting + Photo previews
3) Craiglist Pro for iPhone and iPod

;tldr - I want to know the differences between the multiple craigslist apps by the same developer, and why they can't answer their frickin email.
They currently only have two apps now and both of them are very highly rated.