Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Not a Sequel: Flappy Bird Jr.

I can guarantee you won't regret it. You know you want to. And all of the un-original clones are making me angry.

Cheers,
Big Z.

bit.ly/noswag4u

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Big Z Labs; 03-17-2014 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Banned

With that quote, I downloaded this eager to experience what's next in the flappy genre. I knew I'd be looking at something groundbreakingly original.

Wait...

What exactly makes this one any different than the other clones? So far the closest thing to original I've seen is a Dikembe mutumbo and a Simon cowell cutout talking crap to you when you die. There's only two cutouts which repeat their self over-and-over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z Labs View Post
And all of the un-original clones are making me angry..
So at the end of the day, you are what you're mad at.
If you're truly tired of the unoriginal clones, you could always check this out:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=222370

Last edited by eyeGamer; 03-18-2014 at 05:39 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Let me just name a few apps off of the top of my head and let's see what the relation between all of them is, shall we? Brave Bird, Splashy Fish, Flappy Dragon, Flappy Bird, Flappy Wings, Floppy Bird, Flap Bird Forever, Impossible Bird. Have you guessed it yet? That's right, clones. An app that appears to be a copy of an original form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeGamer View Post
So far the closest thing to original I've seen is a Dikembe mutumbo and a Simon cowell cutout talking crap to you when you die. There's only two cutouts which repeat their self over-and-over.
Yes, that is correct, it is in fact original. I'm guessing you've never heard of a parody before? Because that is exactly what the game is. Hence the title, "Not a Sequel." And the parodical commentary from the characters? Flying pizzas? Giant Bananas? Well, I'll let you figure out the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeGamer View Post
So at the end of the day, you are what you're mad at.
I guess so. But I appreciate your 2 cents.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:49 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

A parody is an exaggeration of a specific style or genre or work. What here has been exaggerated? So the name isn't Flappy or Bird and there are some figures that talk shit, but...that's it. The gameplay is still just Flappy Bird. The gameplay remains unchanged from the original. Dressing up the gameplay in a new skin and some other extraneous elements doesn't change that
Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

You're absolutely correct. The gameplay is exactly the same, aside from the addition of the food for extra points, and it's supposed to be. Differing gameplay isn't what would make a parody, a parody. It would make it a whole different game. Just like if Weird Al Yankovic would not have used instrumental versions of popular songs, it would not have been a parody, it would be a completely different song haha. So I don't understand your logic here. But I guess that's your opinion, and you are fully entitled to it.

Cheers
Old 03-19-2014, 05:26 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I got to a agree with the others, it's not much different from the hundres of other apps all claiming to be original or a parody.
Not saying yours is bad, just that I don't think it's anything new or original.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:46 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

To each their own. My intentions we're never to make another clone, but it appears that others view it as one.