★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who has taken the name Mazement in App Store?

02-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Just to be sure we have now created the app as Mazement using UK English as default language.
02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd say there is a 99% chance you accidentally reserved the name yourself.

Check out my game Wire Storm (http://www.wire-storm.com)

02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Just use something like these instead:
  • Mazement™
  • Mazement®
  • Mazement!
  • Mazement: Some clever tagline
  • Mazement by Insert Company Name Here
02-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
Just use something like these instead:
  • Mazement™
  • Mazement®
  • Mazement!
  • Mazement: Some clever tagline
  • Mazement by Insert Company Name Here
Mazement the iPhone game better than temple run doodlejump and angry birds put together.

This option is best for SEO

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
03-01-2013, 06:58 AM
We have now submitted our app for review as Mazement using the UK English default language. If there really is some other app there that has the name and that leads to apple rejecting our first submission, or someone has a registered trademark on the name or something (haven't been able to find any), only then we'll change the name.

We have also created an announcement thread here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2703106
03-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Before I knew what I was doing (like I do, now???) I registered a name and then missed the deadline. I was *so* pissed. I figured if the name "dropped" I'd just grab it again -- then Apple told me I'd *NEVER* be able to use that name again, even if nobody else ever wanted it.

So I added an exclamation point to the name and used that. Dur.

I was about to miss a deadline recently so I uploaded a working app and set the release date for about 16 months from now. In the next month I'll get the app the way I want, update it and then reset the release date. Yes, I kind of feel like I'm cheating, but things often slip in software development and with a hard deadline on the name thing I'm not sure what else to do.

Jay

GameDevNation.com - Video tutorials and tips for Corona SDK developers.
03-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. A. Whye View Post
I figured if the name "dropped" I'd just grab it again -- then Apple told me I'd *NEVER* be able to use that name again, even if nobody else ever wanted it.
I know it used to work that way, but I thought Apple recently changed it so you can pick the name up again if it expires? I can't find the announcement to support this though...

Developer of War Evolved | Terminal Escape Twitter: @Opsive