should I get CoD Zombies if I rarely play online?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wonderva, Jan 21, 2010.

?

Is Call of Duty Zombies worth it for a non online player?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    44.3%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    55.7%
  1. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I've got an ipod touch and i only really use it when im on the go [when im at home i have a PC and 360 lol] but is CoD Zombie worth it for SP action?

2. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

3. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    yeah i guess... but dev seriously need to release new map(s) ... COMON! i've been waiting for many weeks lol...

4. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    No. They have stalled out (and who knows who long they will continue to do so?) on their map promise, and if you don't plan on a multiplayer experience, it just isn't worth the investment at this time.

5. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    I have been procrastinating about purchasing it since it's release A because I am not really big on online gaming and B for $13.99 (NZD) seemed a bit steep content wise for a single level game but I finally weakened and picked it up 2 days ago and have had an absolute blast with the single player mode. Graphics are amazingly detailed and run very smoothly on my 2G Touch, sound effects and audio are spot on and really create an immersive atmosphere and the zombie movement and weapons damage animations are just brilliant. Certainly the best Zombie action I have played on the iDevice.

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Just get GTA for the same price

7. wonderva

Feb 6, 2009
    i already have gta cw for ds

also, can you play zombies SP with bots to help you?

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Yeah. GTA is way better.

9. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    No bots in SP.

10. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I would say no, because the co-op multiplayer is where the game shines.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Get it!!!!

Yes!

Its in my honest opinion the only other game next to GTA that offers a console quality experience. I do recommend getting the DLC map(s) when available as well. There is a reason the thread on TA as well as all the iTunes reviews are so highly starred and have a good number of posts (Average 4.5 stars out of 5). I play it more offline because i have an iTouch and feel it is the best FPS game the device has to offer even as is with one map. It's a very solid experience.

Once you are able to get a wifi connection anywhere; the co-op experience will blow your mind! :eek:

12. wonderva

Feb 6, 2009
    hmm no bots?
    Just me against zombies?
    Sounds kinda boring now, I like to play shooters with teamates, no matter AI or real peoples..

13. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    It's actually pretty amazing. I've logged far more hours in single player then I have in coop...and I still make it to the 20's most of the time. It really is impressive. Also I'm fairly certain activision enjoyed their romp in the app store, judging by the amount of days they were on the top grossing number one spot. So I'm sure verruckt is coming. There's a lot of new gameplay elements to consider, not to mention the map is twice the size.

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    How bout trying out the lite version and deciding for yourself ;)

15. wonderva

Feb 6, 2009
    there's no lite version.

16. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  17. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    A big yes! It's the best fps on the iPhone! I played mainly offline and it's freaking fun!

18. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    A step in the right direction for the devs. I honestly thought they were just sitting on their a$$es laughing at us early adapters while we crave for another map after paying the premium price to support them. This news just gave a pulse. I do hope they keep their promise and give us another map and content this year.

Oh, and to the OP, just get GTA. You'll have hours of content instead of doing the same thing again and again. :D

19. wonderva

Feb 6, 2009
  20. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    You get one zombie....and one bullet.