Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I've hated foreign films ever since I watched Martyrs... *shudder*

That movie was ****ed up.

And yes, I was joking about Abrams!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If that's the deciding factor then there are about 1000 reasons to hate American films :)

3. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Have you seen Martyrs tho? It's like on a whole new level of messed up.

Human Centipede didn't even make me flinch after I watched Martyrs.

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Is it better or worse than A Serbian Film (I think thats the name). I havent seen it but I know the story(???) and its seriously messed up.

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, it was pretty crazy, but also quite good :p It's not the most messed up movie I've seen. I found Human Centipede kinda boring :/

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Yep, that was on a whole other level of confusion. I prefer The Prestige way, way more.

7. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    I thought it was stupid... Didn't really see anything good about it... :/

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol, horrible opening weekend for Green Lantern, falling short of X-Men: First Class and Thor.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    But it was honestly the funniest superhero movie I've seen, bar none. Inadvertently the best comedy of summer '11.

10. candywriter

candywriter Well-Known Member

I came to this thread a little late, but clearly Black Dynamite is the best movie ever made.

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I hope you were being sarcastic.

12. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    #1012 qasim, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    OMG. THERE'S A MOVIE THREAD? HOW COME I NEVER KNEW/HEARD ABOUT THIS!?!? I LOVE MOVIES.

ANYWAYS, all time favorite movie would have to be a tie between:

Memento
    Inception.

Nolan is a God.

And for this summer, I'm looking forward to

Harry Potter- my favorite series, grew up with this
    30 Minutes or Less- looks hilarious
    Rise of the Planet Apes- looks epic + Tom Felton
    Captain America- IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA!
    The Change Up- Looks funny + RYAN REYNOLDS
    Crazy, Stupid, Love- It's Steve Carrel.
    Final Destination 5- this one actually looks rather decent

I have yet to watch

Thor, X Men, Super 8, and Bridesmaids.

By the way, anyone here see Starship Troopers? I have never heard about it and was flipping through the channels yesterday and it was on STRZ. Sounded interesting so I put it on and it was freaking awesome.

Also, anyone see Insidious? I was forced to watch it alone in theaters.. I was literally the only one there. Scared the crap out of me.

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Have you seen the Prestige. I presume you have when you say Nolan is a god. One of the things I really enjoy about his films is the confusion he creates. He doesnt take sympathy on the viewer. Like the time changes the prestige, backwards in Memento and well Inception is pretty clear. Also its nice to see hes not after money. When he makes a good movie he doesnt care about making a sequel. He just wants a fantastic stand alone film.

Obviously Batman is an exception but still.

14. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Well actually, no I haven't seen The Prestige. I've always wanted to see it for such a long time but never had a chance. I had it recorded for about two months, until my Dad deleted it. I'll probably just rent it or buy it from iTunes or something.

And yeah, Nolan is incredible. I am looking forward to seeing The Prestige.

15. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Come on inception was great, but not the best ever. Classics like titanic, forrest gump, kubrick movies, those were the best. Most of the movies nowadays lack depth. Sure, some exceptions like The Departed, Inception exist, but seriously, the older omvies havebetter quality, imo...

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I dunno why Green Lantern got panned so bad by critics. I thought it was pretty decent, my friends and I liked it better than the other two at least.

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Are you serious? Titanic's reuptation for being a stinking wad of melodramatic ball cheese is forever on the increase.

18. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Thats just my opinion and i respect yours. No offense, but why do you always respond to comments you seem to disagree about so cynically? I mean, you may think the movie was bad, but come on, "stinking"? I doubt you nor i could make such a successful movie like that.

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I used to like it actually, it was the first 12 rated movie I saw when I hit that age and I thought it was pretty cool. Boobs and a load of people falling off a ship, what more do you need? It's kinda soured over the years though... I don't think I could stand watching it again and I've grown to understand why other people speak negatively about it.

I don't mean to be that cynical really, I just like trying to spice up my posts with writing more creative than "It was bad" :p

20. Jake S

Jake S Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I like the way you post, i have been watching this forum and most of your posts have been constructive, no matter if agree or not with them. So I would like to thank you actually for making the forums interesting, and sharing your opinions with emotion!

Also should I see the green lantern?

(p.s, can I pm you for a writing position, midian,I am developing a game and I am looking for a writer)