Outwitters by One Man Left Studios [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OneManLeft, Feb 24, 2012.

1. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

#1 OneManLeft, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    **UPDATE 1-20-2015**
    We're doing an iPhone and Android beta for a rather large Outwitters update:

- iPhone 6/6+ support
    - Cross-platform play
    - Support for blitz play (be able to stay in-game and bounce turns back and forth in real time)
    - higher frame rates
    - a bunch of other minor improvements

Interested? Sign up for your respective platform to get beta access!

It's certainly been a minute since our last game's release (Tilt to Live), but we're getting closer to finishing up our new game, Outwitters! It'll be out on the app store July 5th!

What is Outwitters?
    It's a whimsical turn-based strategy game that's played asynchronously between two players or with four players (in teams of 2). You'll be using your Game Center account to find matches, invite friends, and boast about your victories and downplay your losses. We'll also have a pass-n-play mode for those that wish to play locally on one device.

Meet the Teams!
    We have 3 teams and 9 maps planned for initial release. Each team has a unique look and feel, map theme, and a special unit with a power that is available only to that team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Climb the Ranks!

Outwitters will also sport a fun and challenging leagues and ladders system for players to compete in. Within each tier you fight for ranking among 100 other similarly skilled players in your division. The better you do, the higher your rank. If you start devouring too many noobs you'll eventually get promoted to a higher tier league to face more worthy opponents:

[​IMG]

Don't feel like playing with strangers? You can take on the world with a buddy in the 2vs2 leagues or simply create a custom game with your own settings and invite players to it.

Pics Or It Didn't Happen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a shot from a recent 2 versus 2 game in our beta on a work-in-progress map:
    [​IMG]

Sorry, no video footage at the moment. We'll probably have some after GDC and update this thread.

2. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    looks interesting, been following this game for a while now.

need to play it!

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  4. OneManLeft

Oh thanks for the heads up. Hmm, I seem to be getting requests from several people from our form. I've gotten about 4 from the same person in the past minute first name jordan, I'm assuming that may be you? haha

5. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Lol, yes, that is me. It doesn't say whether or not you have sent the form or not though. The loading symbol just keeps rotating and rotating... :)

6. OneManLeft

ooh, odd. I'll try to get that fixed soon.

7. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Ok, thx!

When will the beta start? Just wondering.

8. OneManLeft

It's ongoing, we let waves of users in as we roll out newer builds. We'll probably be sending out beta invites this weekend for another batch.

9. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Ok, nice! :) Really excited for this game!

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Looks quite nice! Can't wait to try it!

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Damn I can't wait for this :)

12. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Looks like greed corp. :D

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I've been waiting for this every since OML announced it. It sounds like it'll be a great asynchronous game to play on and off on my free time. The 2v2 option is just icing on the cake, since being able to team up with friends is always fun.

14. ethandude123

ethandude123 Well-Known Member

This game looks awesome definetly can't wait for this!:)

15. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, this looks awesome! Too bad there's no single player mode.

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Been waiting this one since its announcement... Tilt to Live is the best iOS game of all time (IMHO)

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    whens the release date!! this looks awesome! i just sent you guys a message about beta testing if you are still looking!

18. OneManLeft

We don't have a concrete date as of yet, other than when it's doneĀ™. Our current rough estimate is we are a couple months away from release.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It would be better if this included a single played campaign or aspect. Multiplayer is good but not for everyone and multiplayer only might diminish the popularity. I for one prefer single player content.

20. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Have you ever played WWF before? :p

I do agree that a single player would be awesome but I don't think it should be in the game. There wouldn't be much variety/fun in the levels if there was a single player mode. Imagine WWF with a single player campaign. You can't, because it doesn't make sense.