★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Cleared stage 5 ..nightmare all medals without using any weapin..just dodging.

Last edited by MohdAHSAN; 07-06-2015 at 05:20 AM.
07-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Finally all medals in the bag
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-09-22-52-59.png
Views:	17
Size:	569.3 KB
ID:	89491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-08-01-38-20.png
Views:	13
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	89492  

07-14-2015, 08:26 AM
House of cards

Got all 24 cards and all medals with 31 million score and a fully equipped hangar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-52-53.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	89738  
07-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Can we have any news about the next Sky Force game ?
07-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post
Where's the achievement for destroying all towers in Stage 5 on INSANE mode?
Instead.... how about NIGHTMARE mode? Yep!

I not only pulled it off, but I did it in NIGHTMARE mode. See screenshot.

You need to have:
- Main cannon maxed out
- Missles maxed out
- Wing cannons to high end of 4
- Laser to high end of 4
- It helps to have Health maxed out, so you can survive some hits.
- It helps if you have the tower locations memorized for the whole level.
This is easy if you use this level as your favorite star farm level. I've been using Stage 5 in INSANE mode as my primary method of collecting up stars: I collect about 3500 stars almost every time (including the 2x stars IAP), often collecting 100% of stars in INSANE mode. Because of this, and doing this hundreds of times in INSANE mode to stage completion to collect stars to nearly max out my ship upgrades, I've become very familiar with Stage 5 in INSANE mode. So that allowed me to begin this holy grail attempt in NIGHTMARE mode...

- Ignore all other objectives and focus as quickly as possible on the towers
- Center as center as possible so BOTH left/right wing cannons are also gnawing the towers down. It's not easy as it requires very precise left/right positioning of your ship.
- Be at least 1/6 screen lengths below the tower, to allow your missles to hit it every time. Usually if you center perfectly and both missles hit, you can blow up one tower per launch of missle pair, before the next set of missles launch.
- You must gain at least one laser during the first 4-5 towers, otherwise it is impossible during NIGHTMARE mode. It is possible to complete Stage 5 in INSANE mode without ever using the laser, but it's mathematically impossible in NIGHTMARE mode, as the screen scrolls faster than a perfect bullet grind-down.
- iPad Mini is easier. iPhone (thumb precision) and large iPads (amount of physical thumb movement) are a bit more difficult.
- Save your lasers for the moments where there's lots of towers on the screen, or if you're about to be killed by a bullet hail if staying in present location (those infernal purple-bullet-shooting turrets). The laser will be even more important during the last 1/5th of the game. You can get by with just about three or four laser blasts. Five laser blasts duriung the session makes it much easier, provided you get the laser powerups very early.
- Learn to stay stationary for as long as possible by keeping the missle flying away from you most of the time. Perfect your "missle circle dance" in easier difficulties first.

The submarine missle circle dance is your most important tactic.
....It's key in not needing to keep moving around 100% of the time.
...The circle dance: When blue "submarine missle" gets close within a few on-screen millimeters away from you, instantly swoop a tight circle at the last minute to behind the missle (tight circle dance). This forces the missle to overshoot and spend time circling back (in a wider circle than your tight circle dance).
...While the missle is overshooting, it allows you 2-3 seconds of stationary peace and quiet (aiming bullets at a tower to grind it down) before you have to spend 1/3 or 1/2 of a second dodging the missle again before as quickly as possible resuming grinding down the tower.
...This allows you to focus on grinding down the towers with maximum number of bullets without constantly moving away from the annoying blue missle.
I hv cleared stage 5 nightmare without using any weapon.
.just dodging the bullets.
08-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Is anyone else having issues entering the tournament this weekend?

I'm connected to Game Center, still have over 5 active friends, but keep getting this error message...

08-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Super late to this post but have been playing for a while and after reading this thread realized I never participated in the tourneys. If anyone is still active in the game, please add me on GC IceyIceyB or reply with your GC name here and I will add you.
08-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Yes, I'd love to get new mission.
08-24-2015, 10:56 AM
That won't happen they are on to bigger things . If thy would pay attention to the App Store then they would know it would be most profitable to put a new update out now but they missed the boat.