Universal Crash of Cars - a real-time multiplayer game from Not Doppler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by notdoppler, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    #1 notdoppler, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
    Crash of Cars is now officially released worldwide

I've created a launch thread at the link below:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3992829

-----

Hey everyone!

We are really happy to announce our new game Crash of Cars is coming very soon to the App Store!

Crash of Cars combines a fast-paced car battling game, with .io style real-time multiplayer.

Gameplay:

Your goal is simple: collect as many crowns as possible. However it isn't so straightforward when there are other players trying to do the same thing! Use power-ups and smash into opponents to destroy them; then swoop in and take any crowns they drop.

Be careful though, the more crowns you collect, the bigger your 'bounty' becomes – making you a bigger target for other players to destroy!

Features:

Cars: At launch we'll have 32 upgradeable vehicles, with classics like a Police car, Ice-Cream Van and Sports car available as well as the more ridiculous Hot-Dog car and Pirate Ship! All vehicles are also customisable with skins, and some vehicles even contain special gameplay perks! (like the Hovercraft that can float on water, or the Firetruck that is immune to Flamethrowers)

Power-ups: We have 16 power-ups that can be collected and used in combat! Everything from cannons, to flamethrowers, spikes and even rail guns. All power-up's are upgradeable through a level-up system in-game.

Maps: The launch build will contain 4 maps from a board-walk amusement park, through to an out-of-this-world Moon. We don't plan to stop there, with more maps planned for release on a regular basis.

Real Time Multiplayer: The game was designed as a multiplayer experience, so we've made it as easy as possible to get into the action. Simply press Play to join a match, with no wait times or lobbies to contend with. Single player mode is also available for those that prefer offline play.

Leaderboards: A multiplayer game wouldn't be complete without a leaderboard! Our leaderboards refresh every hour, giving you a new short term challenge every-time you return to the game!

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Release Details:

We will confirm this as soon as possible, but we aren't too far away :) The game will be free-to-play.

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I'm actually playing a game like this in beta called Crash Club with similar features, but your game has more unique vehicles and the trailer looks awesome so we'll see which one takes the crown

3. lateat_night

lateat_night Member

Feb 16, 2017
    London
    That game could be nice.
    I like game name hehe its similar to CoC :)

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Dude this game looks awesome i cant wait for the us release.

5. BrinkHouseGames

BrinkHouseGames New Member

Sep 15, 2013
    indie game developer
    los angeles
    Looks brilliant! Will it have controller support?

6. curiousaaron

curiousaaron Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Art Department Head
    Nampa, ID
    Nice artwork!

7. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    #7 henrycupcake, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    JESUS christ! you guys need to go ALL out and release this game on tvOS + ios + mac OS
    will Crash of Cars get special treatment for the bigger screen and better hardware spec on ipad pro???
    when are you gonna release this on tv OS ?

this game will have icloud support i reckon so when are you gonna release it on mac app store with metal API renderer to further push this game to its limit??????

just release it on steam to grab those players! !!!! ios + tv OS + mac OS are of similiar architecture so it would be easy for you to just port it to mac os with metal API right?????? i would also want this game to feature steam trading cards & achievements if it is being released

release it on ALL apple platform so we can play it anytime anywhere !

i hope a nintendo switch version is on your to do list

8. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for the comments everyone :)

@dreadnok
    Yes, there will be quite a variety of vehicles in our game at launch :). Here's a preview showing many of the vehicles that will be available:
    [​IMG]

We hope to add many more cars in content updates too!

@BrinkHouseGames
    No controller support planned at the moment, but I'll pass this feedback on to the team.

@henrycupcake
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback :)! At the moment, we are focusing on building the game to be as best as it can be for mobile/tablets. If the reception for the game is strong, hopefully we can explore bringing it to more platforms in the future.

9. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    BAH, NO MFI CONTROLLER SUPPORT:eek::eek::eek:

10. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    This game is so much fun

And just got a legendary car :D

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    The game is out??

12. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Soft launched in canada

13. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    when is this game gonna be releasing?????????
    Perhaps controller support and tvOS compatibility wouldn't be too much to ask for?

14. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    We haven't announced a release date as of yet, but we will have an official announcement on this early this week :). I'll update this thread as soon as we've made the announcement.

Unfortunately controller support and tvOS won't be in the game for launch, but depending on the reception of the game we are open to the idea of both for post-launch.

@Ivica
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying the soft-launch build of the game :)

15. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey everyone,

I have some exciting news -- Crash of Cars will be launching worldwide this Thursday March 23 :)!

We've been working hard on the game for 14 months, so we are super excited to release the game and to hear what everything thinks :)

16. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    Woohoooooooooo
    Btw this game doesn't seem to have iCloud support ???
    Even if I did log in to Facebook the data doesn't transférés !

17. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh cool, are you playing the soft-launch version from Canada? :)

We don't have iCloud support right now, but we are looking into save-game functionality for a post-launch update.

18. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012