Universal Warm Gun (By Emotional Robots)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    An update is coming soon that will further fix all a majority of the problems. I believe they were planning to implement Gamelofts control scheme from its line of FPS's.

2. t0xic_kitt3n

t0xic_kitt3n New Member

Oct 25, 2011
    yay! :D

3. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Yes, the four-finger-touch brings up the console in both the Demo (CoB) and Retail.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think it even matters anymore, this game is a missed opportunity. Not like the already-small online community this game would have had at launch is suddenly going to jump back on it and make it a success. If it had a campaign, maybe it would have a chance, but I think at this point we all just have to accept that we got burned out of 5 bucks. It sucks too, because at first the devs made it sound like they'd be standing behind this game and dedicated to improving it (fixing it) quickly. They haven't delivered.

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Sad truth, I guess always buy a game based upon what it comes with at launch not whats promised. Not to bash anyone but also look at death rally, they promised mutliplayer and just recently released the beta version.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    agreed...

there's almost always problems with online multiplayer in games... usually when they go live, it's pretty much like the developers having their first big beta test, because they really can't get that many beta testers with all the devices and iOS's that people are going to be playing the game on...

Deadlock is a great example of how a multiplayer game was done right. Bugs at launch, and it was updated 4 or 5 times the first month it was out with fixes for the bugs... gamers saw how quickly issues were being dealt with, and it really helped get players interested in the game. There's still a pretty decent gaming community for Deadlock. Granted, it's only been about 3 months since its release, but it's been updated about 12 times, and now it's extremely playable on almost every device.

Anyway... the excitement for Warm Gun is pretty much gone. After playing through offline battles for about a week, I deleted it from my device... and I think I'm the minority when I say I got that much gameplay out of the offline mode...

No idea how, or even if they plan on trying to get people interested in it again... but chances are, it's going to be a slower process than their update is taking...

7. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I agree. If your plan is to "release early and update often", you have to do just that: update often. This game didn't have a big following before, and when the following it did have was disappointed by its poor launch quality and infrequent updating, it sunk into the abyss that is the millions of average apps that populate the appstore. This strategy might have worked had they had a real campaign, something for gamers to play while waiting for updates. But, as a multiplayer-focused game, this game relied heavily on a strong community, and that was lost in their lack of attention. I'm still holding out hope that they'll improve the bot AI, and I still have it on my iPad for the occasional offline game, but as for multiplayer, I think its pretty much over. It's a real shame, this one had so much potential.

8. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Seriously, waiting now is to long please give us info about progress in update!

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got over 300 apps on my device and regularly buy 4 or so a week. Was excited by Warm Gun but sadly due to all the issues/boring gameplay/boring bots etc i've uninstalled it. You live and learn.

Big shame after all the hype, did look so great but just too many issues, sad really

10. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Is it really that hard to go to their website and read their twitter feed?

11. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    hey guys new update coming out soon should see some improvements i havent got my hands on a test version of the update yet but i will soon and ill list the improvments

12. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    2 months after release and this game is still unplayable.

How the hell is this still being sold? An absolute disgrace.

13. Rooooo7

Rooooo7 Active Member

Jun 19, 2011
    I know right. Last word from one of the Emotional Robots guys said they are "aiming to submit in the next couple days"

That was on October 17.

Here we are, two months later with not even a word from them... A terrible release, and they handled it even worse.

14. Ryan Dale

Ryan Dale Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Anything new?

15. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    The new update is released! Can't download it though i may have to rebuy it to work,but. THE NeW update is finally out! woohoo...

16. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

It's also on sale! $4.99-->$1.99

I couldn't pass it up at that price. Hopefully the update addresses some of the issues that people have had with the game. I guess I'll find out.

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Oh it is? I bought it on an account i used to use so now it basically wants me to rebuy it. Was thinking about passing on it for now, but if its on sale imma reconsider. How is it? The new map? I've geard that the ai focuses on each other a little too much

18. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Well, there's 2 bones you'll never get back, that's a pity. At least you didn't flush a 5 spot down the toilet like some of us, so I guess it could be worse. This game is atrocious.

19. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Has it always said it wasn't compatible with 3g or is it new to the update?

20. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

That's a shame. From the pictures and the list of changes, I thought it might have potential. Maybe they won't give up on it yet.