iPhone The Ember Conflict – Online RTT for tablets only

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PinW, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Sigh...

Was hoping for a premium title, but I'll give it a fair shot, of course. I WANT to love this game.

2. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Give it a shot and let us know what you think. The game is free because it's multiplayer only and the number of people playing is important.

I think a lot of people have given free to play games a bad name, but every once in a while you get a League of Legends where it's just a great game you don't have to spend money on if you don't want to.

3. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    FYI guys, just bumping this thread since we have now soft-launched in the following countries:

• New Zealand
    • South-East Asia: Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore
    • Northern Europe: Finland, Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands
    • Canada

TA Article: http://toucharcade.com/2015/01/29/the-ember-conflict-soft-launched/

We have beta slots open via test flight, so if you are interested please email us directly at [email protected]

As always I will be checking this TA thread for your feedback!

4. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    I posted this on the TA article, but wanted to repost it here. This is my take on the game after one day of playing:

I was one of the lucky ones to get a promo code for this game and I too ended up staying up way to late last night giving this game a good test drive.

Conclusion: Flippin' Fantastic

The bite sized battles are incredibly deep strategic and exciting, and they take no more than 3 minutes most of the time. Every unit has a use if you do it right, and there is a cool upgrade system that is a bit confusing but not too bad. Beautiful polished graphics and sound track and super easy controls make this perfect for a touch screen.

It seems like the IAPs are very balanced and fair. So far there is no real need to buy them, and they just offer variety instead of advantage. I will no doubt end up purchasing some stuff eventually, but it's nice not to feel forced.

I think they have AIs set up right now so that you don't have to wait more than 10 seconds for a match at any given time. If it hits 10 seconds you battle one of their AI players (I think). It's hard to tell the AI from a real player, so that's quite nice as well.

As you win battles you get random artifacts, some common some rare. These artifacts can be combined with others in a crafting system to make gear for your fighters. Not much too it really, just collect them and over time you will have enough to make something.

Anyway, there's tons of depth and strategy from building your team to how you deploy them and then what tactics you use when they are on the board. You can fight for control of the waypoints or you can try and defeat all the opponents fighters.

I'm quite in love with the game so far. Will post an update after I get a few more days in it!

One feature request: record and share replays

Good for marketing, good for improving strategies, great for moving this into an eSport.

There's a number of "easy" sdks that allow for recording and replay sharing. I'd love to see that introduced eventually!