A video teaser of my game... Feedback is welcome

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Stafaa, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Stafaa

Stafaa Member

Dec 17, 2011
    #1 Stafaa, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    I'm still trying to cut a proper trailer. The video is choppy and there's no sound because i screwed up the settings on my screen recorder. I assure you, it runs like butter on the device.

I just need to integrate social networking and make some gameplay tweaks.

There's 24 achievements. And earning achievements upgrades your plane in various ways. Of course there's a top score board, as well as best distance and longest flight-time. The goal is to fly as far and fast as possible.

It started off as an endless runner and a kirby-canvas-curse spin off. Turns out a plane worked better. My goal was to make a game that can be picked up and played in under 90 seconds.

Other weather conditions include night mode and rain, they just don't show up in this particular play-through. I will likely make the game free to play with IAP at $0.99. The free model will kill fuel refills after 75 seconds and restrict the number of achievements, as well as the ability to upgrade your plane.

I appreciate any feedback or comments.

http://youtu.be/v3yTcVyYnXA

2. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    #2 DomAjean, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Hello,

Looks interesting. Here's a list of what I like/dislike:

-I am not a fan of the background

-There is no sound in your video so it is really hard to watch it

-There are already a lot of games on the appstore that have exactly the same gameplay so maybe try to bring something new on the table

-The camera movement is cool with the little "smooth move" thing it is pretty sweet

-I think you should try to put your game free with ads with an iap that remove ads

-Your video is not a teaser but a gameplay video.

I hope this help!

(And sorry if it sound harsh, I just want to make the shortest message possible with what I think you could improve).

3. helen3

helen3 New Member

Dec 10, 2012

Good attempt.Carry on your work.You wiil be abled to get more and more.
    Regards
    helen
    Nitrotek

4. Asstasticguy

Asstasticguy Active Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I kinda like the games background, but the game feels kinda empty at the moment. The game is called scribbleflight, but there isnt enough graphics/assets to convey the theme and concept of the game, if that makes any sense. But this might be really early on in the games development and I just look like a fool for telling you to add graphics to an early build.
    I believe there is alot of potential in your graphics, if it gets a little more love it could turn out to be a pretty cozy and neat experiance.
    And you should perhaps consider making the fuel gage a bar instead of a number, it would make it so much more easy to read.

5. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I like the concept. I agree with the fuel gauge comment; a visual bar would be better. Is there a way to die other than running out of fuel or hitting the ground? Having some antagonists to avoid (or shoot) might make it a little more interesting.

Good luck!