Dev Diary

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Eggroll Games, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Eggroll Games

Eggroll Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Just updated the Tappy Lander Dev Diary with entry #6 on Scoring and Risk/Reward. I'd love to know what you think!

2. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

It read like an extended description if the game play. Since you posted in the dev forum I thought there was going to be a bit more details on how you balanced the game with some juicy code snippets.

I did enjoy your brief history of video games. I remember getting up to 99 on "Target Fun" on the old Atari 2600.

I peeked at the link for #5 as well, again it would have been cool to provide some details on how you detect a bounce/slide based on the box2d code.

Anyway, all in all a fun read.

3. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think to go into so much detail. I will consider that in future posts.

4. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
  5. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Tappy Lander is now available on the App Store! A sincere thank you to the Touch Arcade community for your help and support in making this happen! I hope to see you on the leaderboards!

Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service

Eggroll Games LLC
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy moon illuminates the quiet planet. With practiced precision, you carefully navigate mazes of deadly traps to reach your goal: a small landing target outside the dark city. If you survive, you must choose to cash in your points or risk it all on another run. Do you have what it takes to become a leaderboard legend? Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. Here's what people are saying about Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service: "Seriously the most fun game I've played in a while on the iPhone. Love the leaderboards and the disks." "They nailed the controls on this game!" "There should be a warning label on this game." "I'm officially addicted." "Well done. I just played this for an hour straight!" "This game is friggin addicting as all get out!"
    Information
    Seller:Eggroll Games LLC
    Genre:Action, Simulation, Arcade
    Release:May 05, 2014
    Updated:Oct 08, 2014
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

6. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Tappy Lander is now available on the App Store! A sincere thank you to the Touch Arcade community for your help and support in making this happen! I hope to see you on the leaderboards!

Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service

Eggroll Games LLC
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy moon illuminates the quiet planet. With practiced precision, you carefully navigate mazes of deadly traps to reach your goal: a small landing target outside the dark city. If you survive, you must choose to cash in your points or risk it all on another run. Do you have what it takes to become a leaderboard legend? Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. Here's what people are saying about Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service: "Seriously the most fun game I've played in a while on the iPhone. Love the leaderboards and the disks." "They nailed the controls on this game!" "There should be a warning label on this game." "I'm officially addicted." "Well done. I just played this for an hour straight!" "This game is friggin addicting as all get out!"
    Information
    Seller:Eggroll Games LLC
    Genre:Action, Simulation, Arcade
    Release:May 05, 2014
    Updated:Oct 08, 2014
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal