MumboJumbo responds to Stoneloops controversy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1 ImNoSuperMan, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    LINK

Nothing good enough yet to change my sig

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    The thing with this game (stoneloops) is that there isn't much chance it will be back. With Edge, it actually had a chance, but for this, it doesn't look like much.

3. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    In that case we gotta make sure mumbojumbo never gets our pennies ;)

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    MumboJumbo fails. epically.

5. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    oh yeah, deny, deny, deny... but provide no explanations, no answers, nothing. way to go...

6. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    worst reply ever
    SHAME on MumboJumbo

7. RovioMobile

RovioMobile Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Marketing Manager
    Helsinki Finland
    Apple's setting themselves up for trouble by taking stoneloops off the appstore. I imagine this won't be the last case.

Pocketgod - Pocketdevil (appalling) :eek:

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    actually i think davecazz issued an official statement regarding the pocket devil thing. he basically said they dont mind but it'd be nice if the devs of PD included a special thanks to Bolt Creative

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Bad Reply! See, they actually SAY that stoneloops is better!

So they call it unfair when there's (there was) a much better game in the AppStore? :eek:

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    well, i kinda saw it as being implied that MumboJumbo thought Stoneloops was better, because if they didnt, they would never had gone through all this bull$h!t

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Did anyone really expect a straight answer out of an app developer named "Mumbo Jumbo"???

Thats all your going to get, vague and nonsensical mumbo jumbo.

12. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Hahaha. Good one.

What a worthless response from MumboJumbo. But it's probably some legalese so they protect themselves from really saying anything.

I mentioned this to my wife the other day and she got worried the game would disappear off the device. I reassured her the game is ours. She was relieved.

13. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yeah, so the reply itself was full of 'mumbo jumbo' that really said nothing useful

14. Kane2007uk

Kane2007uk Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Amusements Cashier/Security
    UK
    You know I had a feeling before that we were gonna get full on proof that StoneLoops had been built using MumboJumbo's engine/code and that all of us that jumped the gun thinking it was pulled just to remove a better competitor would be feeling a little silly for standing up for Codeminion, but nope seems we were right MumboJumbo can't even eloborate thier reasons properly, or show proof of wrongdoing by the devs of StoneLoops.

15. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah, I stopped two other people and myself from buying it buy getting three codes... :D

16. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    first of all - how could StoneLoops be built using mumbojumbo engine/code, if StoneLoops appeared many months in advance ?

second of all - I personally know one of the owners/createors of Codeminion (same high school, same university) and they would never do something like that. they worked hard to be in the point they are now, without crappy tactics like this mangled-jungled piece of company

all in all - what mangled jungled did is an equivalent of a junkie stabbing a nice girl in the back, just because she had money

17. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Shame on you. MumboJumbo and Luxor dont deserve your time even if you get it for free.

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    lmfao!!!!!

19. Kane2007uk

Kane2007uk Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Amusements Cashier/Security
    UK
    You do know that Luxor isn't a new game made exclusively for the iPhone don't you, any game maker wishing to clone/rip/port Luxor would probably use the code from the PC version or any other itiration that may exist on other consoles.

And you saying you personally know them and that they wouldn't do that, sorry son that kind of reply doesn't work in court cases regarding IP/code theft, and neither should it here, but I should say you seem to think I'm taking MumboJumbo's side, wrong I didn't say Codeminion stole anything, I stated that MumboJumbo seem to think something underhanded has happened here and has forced Apple to pull StoneLoops, but have given no real clear reason as to why.

So no I do not think Codeminion are naughty little code stealers, I myself have removed Luxor from iPhone and given it 1 star for dirty tactics and given my 5 stars to StoneLoops, not the actions of someone who thinks the game was made using another's code.

20. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    1) StoneLoops for the PC version appeared a looong time ago
    2) Codeminion even offered the PC version of StoneLoops to mangle jungled to be their publisher
    3) those 2 games coexisted on the PC market for long time and there were no problems whatsoever, even though mangle jungled knew about StoneLoops

1) ain't your son
    2) yeah, my comment was a bit harsh but wasn't aimed at you but at the obvious company
    3) IP theft ? luxor wasn't first with such game idea
    4) there was no source code theft, how could there be ? months in between. both companies ported their pc games

again - sorry if my previous post offended you. I take the whole situation a bit personal as I know the guys a bit and I know how hard they worked to be where they are now. moreover - as a developer I feel such tactics are extremely lame and damage the market

---

in any case - this whole thing is just wrong. while it is cool to see that EVERY review of luxor lite gives it 1 star, it would be 100000 better to see StoneLoops back in the store