GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. jovike

jovike Active Member

Stripes

Hi - I am stuck on one of the new medium levels: Stripes. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. bouncy_ball

bouncy_ball New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I used a lot of missile towers. I started with a few missile towers at the entrance, then placed more missiles, to force the creeps to 'scroll' through the map without going over any 'healing' hexes. then I filled the non-path columns with missiles. Then started upgrading everything.

3. jbj1017

jbj1017 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Any tips on chromasome?

4. jjs

jjs New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    quad nauseum

just beat Quad Nauseum, start with greens along the edge, then add the lasers, then upgrade what you can, good luck!

Attached Files:

5. Quisto Bandito

Quisto Bandito New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Jellyfish

I'm totally stuck on the medium level "Jellyfish" - from the purchased extra level pack. Anyone beat this and have some advice?

6. davislogic

davislogic Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Jellyfish Solution

While I usually take about 20 attempts before I beat a new level this one was pretty easy; I got it on the second attempt. I just blocked all the exits with greens, used the lasers to hit them on the straightaways and threw in some reds at the end. Jellyfish.jpg

7. davislogic

davislogic Member

Apr 30, 2010
    That made it easy, took a long time to get this one figured out. Now, what about Skippy's revenge? I am close but not there yet.

8. Nadia737

Nadia737 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    The Groove

How do you beat Hard Level-The Groove? I can't find the "optimal pathway" they keep talking about...

9. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    To solve the groove I sold most of the laser towers except the leftmost and closest to the exit, then built a missile tower and two thumpers next to entrance. I upgraded one thumper completely and the other thumper and the missile tower a few times. As money rolls in build a couple thumpers to and another missile tower and upgrade them all.

Attached Files:

10. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    I kinda cheated (juggled) on this one. Built across the exit and then when the creeps come down between the legs, I put a tower forcing the creeps around the edge. Upgrade the missile and laser as necessary and finished with full life.

Attached Files:

11. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    This works.

Attached Files:

12. davislogic

davislogic Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Wow, great solution.

13. davislogic

davislogic Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Skippy the hard way

I apparently made this way to complicated but it was fun. Got my money's worth out of this level.

Skippy.jpg

14. alhyatts

alhyatts New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    new levels

You guys have helped me through some rough spots... thanks! I keep checking back for more postings on the new levels... there aren't many... how is everyone doing on them? Either its just as tough for you guys and no one's beaten them yet or they were too easy to talk about and I'm an idiot? Anyway two main ones I'm working on are Close Call and triple U... anyone?

15. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    Sometimes you get lucky and figure it out quickly. Also, some levels seem to just give away their solutions in the map layout.

I solved the two levels you mention pretty quickly, but I didn't screenshot them. When I went back and tried again, Close Call gave me a tough time to solve. I seem to recall using more lasers in the original solution, but the solution below was so successful that most of the creeps died within a few steps of entering the map.

Start with greens to force the creeps to the edge, then build a red or two, then block the right edge with a yellow and a green. Add more missile towers and upgrade to level 5 and 6 to get the retargetting missiles and you're home free.

Triple U was tricky since upgrading of the thumpers and placement of the bottom towers to prevent overflow was all about timing.

I remember reading an earlier post that someone solved the Jellyfish on their second try, and I remembered that level took me 30 to 40 different tries with several different approaches before I stumbled upon my solution. If the solution doesn't come at first, it's about keeping at it until you stumble upon the solution or start thinking differently.

Attached Files:

16. Nadia737

Nadia737 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Maybe I'm doing it in the wrong order, but it didnt work when I tried it. I sold all the lazer towers and then layed down the thumpers and missel and upgraded the thumpers as fast as possible, then I layed down the next two thumpers and try to upgrade those and then I lay down the missel and baster and the last thing I do is lay down the last thumper but by then I'm getting overwhelmed by the blue creeps and I'm dead before the last pack of orange slow creeps gets through...help!

17. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    Place the two thumpers and the missile first. Get the bottom most thumper upgrading. Sell off all but the first laser tower. Get the bottom thumper to level 7 before the first set of creeps come out. Upgrade the missile to level 6. and the other thumper to level 7 as cash comes in. Then add the two thumpers and missile tower. Upgrade the second missile to level 6 and the bottom thumper. Build the Green tower and the bottom thumper to funnel the few overflows back to within firing of the second missile.

Done.

18. Nadia737

Nadia737 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I did it Thanks!

19. Nadia737

Nadia737 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Trickle Down

I can't figure out trickle down... I've tried using like yellow slow down towers periodically through the board and lazers with blasters to make the path down the middle right area. Does anybody have a screen shot of how they beat it? HELP!

Attached Files:

20. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    #220 MarkMark, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    I kinda don't like this level. Just build all laser towers and don't upgrade any of them. I don't think the solution is very... satisfying.

Edit: My first success is screenshotted below, but I've since tried just laying down lasers throughout the same path. Pretty much all lasers always works.

Attached Files: