GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    #1 skyye06, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    Lets not let that thread get cluttered and put our strategies on here...try not to go too offtopic as it will be hard to find and compare other strategies...even I will eventually need help :)

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Okay again. My solution for Easy 2 in a first attempt. All lives saved. Maybe I've updated too fast and too much. Love the game.

Try to make your screenshots shortly before the game ends because the great fireworks at the end hide the towers.

Attached Files:

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Hmm, how do you play endless mode? Can't seem to find it.

4. OMC

OMC Active Member

Sep 14, 2009
    @froggy: last level of every difficulty is endless.

5. MrJR

MrJR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #5 MrJR, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    I'll post solutions for the easy levels and M1 & M2 (with fireworks, sorry) throughout the day. Will take a while, because the only internet I have right now is my iPhone. M3 is tricky, huh?

Here you go. Left out E1 & E10 for obvious reasons. Failed to capture E2, shown above.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Anyone got tips or strategies on achieving high scores?? I'm working on level E1 right now. I've gotten my score up a bit (41200) but nowhere near the top of the leaderboards. I would really like to see what other people are doing... Thanks

7. abrew

abrew New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I've made it to #1 on the revenge of the eye, H9.
    A good basic strategy is to just start building from the end and work your way up :)

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Is it better to leave missile towers on level 6 since have a higher firing rate than level 7?

9. MrJR

MrJR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Depends on your application, but most of the time, yep. Save the cash on that upgrade and put it toward some shock tower upgrades.

10. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    You get a better multiplier the closer to the end gate that the creep is killed. It can be dangerous but also very lucrative to let creeps survive until the last moment. Your path can also go very near the end and then move away in some instances which gives you an opportunity for good multipliers.

Can anyone explain what the purple "Thump" towers do? Is it just area damage?

11. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Easy Endless

I picked up Swarm yesterday and made it through the easy levels. I'm actually enjoying open field TD much more than I expected. It's definitely more challenging than geoDefense classic, but not overly frustrating.

My best on Easy: Ouroboros (Endless) is 221,124,625 on wave 112. The yellow creeps are the only ones that manage to get past. Does anyone have any strategies they'd like to offer for getting further? I'll hold off on posting screencaps of my last arrangement to avoid spoiling for anyone who hasn't played yet.

12. Chops420

Chops420 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Is it me or do the thump towers seem to be a waste (unless you can get them to lv.7). I tried pathing the creeps with alternating thump and normal towers but the thump towers at levels >5 do hardly any damage and they don't slow so I might be missing something but what do these towers do. Also the area of effect for the thump tower looks large but I really only see it do damage when a creep is almost touching the tower, creeps not directly beside a thump hardly take any damage.

As an aside I wouldn't like to see the thump power bumped like the slow tower (which killed any challenge in the last GD) but I wouldn't mind hearing from the dev on what exactly a thump tower damage does and how best to use it...

Otherwise great game and I'll post some screens of my high scoring levels. There is definitely an art to when you build and where you build. Build too fast near the entrance and your score multiplier sucks, build too close to the exit (without enough dps) and you'll get pwn'd quick.

13. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thump towers are pretty worthless. The only reason to use them really (aside from the levels that pretty much force you to) is to kill the pulsar creeps if they come early and you don't have a good laser setup or sniper towers (the only things that can hit them).

14. Chops420

Jan 5, 2009
    #14 Chops420, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    I was really hoping for a new tower to strategize with but the thump tower thoroughly disappoints. I though I might be missing out but I noticed all the screenshots on the finished levels above are curiously lacking thumps...

I actually don't want to see this fixed either ... when the slow towers were fixed last time the challenge of the game was killed.

15. Chops420

Jan 5, 2009
    thump explanation from the dev

A note from the developer on thump towers:

Thump towers damage creeps that are near them (next-door hex). Upgrade to make more powerful. Use at end-caps for max effect.

I'm confused why he left that giant area of effect overlay... these tower are really only hitting one creep at a time and not constantly ... so in a line of medium speed creeps you might only hit a few. I'm not sure these really need to be part of any strategy...

16. zp3dd4

zp3dd4 Member

May 18, 2009
    As far as I can tell if you want to get a highscore in the endless modes, you just have to keep looping the creeps around by building and selling towers. That's at least how I got third on the easy one (I just gave up after an hour + as it got too tedious..)

Basically you abuse the fact that the creeps will always go the path of least resistance, so you have one long road and one short road. Keep selling, building a tower at the short road, so that the creeps keep going back and forth between the two roads.

17. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    That's called juggling and is usually considered cheating...

18. chesterfield

chesterfield New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    can anyone help me with medium 1? i tried about 30 times and still don't even get to wave 11/20 :/

19. zp3dd4

zp3dd4 Member

May 18, 2009
    It's not actually. You should check out lvl 8 on medium...

20. ejc116

ejc116 New Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Can someone please help me with M3 (Y Me?), I've been at it forever and just can't seem to figure it out.
    thanks.