Universal Taco Joe - the world’s first endless taco tossing adventure! [BETA TESTERS WANTED!]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by StickyToffeeGames, Apr 12, 2016.

1. #1 StickyToffeeGames, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Hi guys!

Taco Joe is the first mobile game from Sticky Toffee Games, an indie studio based in the UK. It launches worldwide on iOS on May 5th 2016. We're currently looking for general feedback and beta testers, please see further below for details.

Taco Joe creates a brand new gameplay niche: the endless taco tossing adventure. You play Joe, a simple man who loves nothing more than creating delicious tacos, then throwing them towards an endless crowd of hungry customers!

Features include:

• - Unique taco tossing gameplay - match those tacos to the orders!
    • - Endless waves of hungry customers to serve. Become a taco master!
    • - Hundreds of super spicy missions to complete.
    • - Whack that piñata to unlock loads of ridiculous characters!
    • - Battle against friends in The Great Taco Toss Off.

[​IMG]

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Website and press kit: http://www.tacojoegame.com

Calling BETA TESTERS!

I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give on the game, including any bugs found and general thoughts on difficulty, controls, enjoyment etc.

If you'd like to test then please fill out this form.

Thanks in advance! :)

Dean @ Sticky Toffee Games

2. Story

Taco Joe. A mysterious man, famed for his irresistible tacos which are craved the world over. Huge ravenous crowds gather at his stall desperate for a taste of his famous guacamole.

Joe’s arch nemesis, Chilli Billy, has devised a despicable plan to destroy his reputation. He’s installed a secret tripwire a few feet from Joe’s stall with the sole purpose of sending Joe’s loyal customers face-planting into the ground!

This dastardly development has forced Joe to master the ancient, skilful and once-forgotten art of... taco tossing.

Like a gifted gunslinger, Joe must fire out tacos as fast as he can, satisfying the cravings of his hungry fans before they meet a painful fate.

Help Joe serve as many customers as possible - match up orders with the correct taco and launch them at their faces. The quicker you serve them the better but watch out - things can get pretty spicy!

It’s TACO TIME!

3. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Just signed up!!

4. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Love the game!! Can you a ninja to the game??

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Want to play so bad but form won't load

6. Glad you like it! Yeah there's going to be a ninja character in there. You can only choose from 10 characters at the moment but in the full version there will be 30+ :D

7. Thanks to those who have signed up to the beta so far! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game is crazy freaking awesome.
    Never played anything like this.
    The gameplay is as amazing as the theme!
    Unlockables and fun gameplay. This game is mucho fun then I expected

9. Thanks very much! Great to hear :D

10. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #12 vectorarchitekt, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    This game is fantastic.
    I can't say one negative thing about it.
    Runs smoothly, no issues yet.

Edit: one time the mission complete screen came up the game froze but the music kept playing.

11. Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad that you like it! Appreciate the tip about the game freezing, we'll look into that!

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I came across a couple of times when I got the taco blaster , when it ended I got to keep it and racked up my score big time . Not sure if it glitched but it let me keep it the rest of the game

13. Yeah that definitely shouldn't happen! Thanks for letting me know, I'll get that fixed!

14. Thanks to everyone who has signed up to the beta so far! Is there any more feedback from those who've played Taco Joe?

[​IMG]

15. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    i love food games !! i will download this one right now !

16. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Good luck with the launch! Your beta version was pretty solid and it looks like you squashed a few little bugs. I'll keep playing the beta for now.
    Can't wait to download in the US.

17. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Downloaded the game after beta test. Solid