Active Soccer!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFoxSoft, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

#1 TheFoxSoft, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Hi all!
    We are an indie studios that is producing Active Soccer a football game that take inspiration by 90's classic games like Sensible Soccer and Kick Off 2.
    We have submitted the game to Apple and we are awaiting their approval. The release date is set on 14th of December!

[​IMG]

some features:
    - Classic gameplay
    - 360 degrees movements
    - Total control of the game
    - Exciting online multiplayer match
    - Choose your preferred player and climb up the international ranking
    - Compete in the world cup and try to prevail
    - Draw the most effective tactic on the pitch and win
    - Practice with free kicks and penalties
    - 3D game engine
    - Display retina support, iPhone5 4-inch display support.
    - Soundtrack created by Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican, Jim Power, The Great Giana Sisters, x-Out and many other titles)
    - Extremely fun!

(iPad screenshots)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YouTube:
    video

You can find more info at:
    www.activesoccergame.com
    or
    Active Soccer Facebook Page

Thank you for your space!
    Gianluca

2. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    #2 Zemar, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Instabuy! Cross platform multiplayer! This is the deal. Can't wait. :)

3. TheFoxSoft

Thank you! Yes, i confirm the game supports cross platform online games. We already have played PC Windows vs iPhone games, lot of fun! :D
    We aim to release the game for the major platforms!

4. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    That sounds great. I have been waiting for a game like this. As a Sensible Soccer (SWOS) fan, this game is a instabuy for me. Really looking forward to play this. :)

5. TheFoxSoft

We have organized the game presentation few weeks ago in Rome, during the opening of a retrogaming museum. There i have met many Sensible fans that told me Active Soccer is really similar to SWOS in some aspects!

6. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    That sounds great. Is there any chance that you will implement the "SWOS" career mode in this game where you can be the manager and play the matches? Also is it possible to edit the player names? :)

7. TheFoxSoft

There is more than a simple chance. In fact we had to exclude that feature due time constraints but it will be included in a sequel.
    Let's consider this as the first Sensible Soccer + online games, but then SWOS came out...

8. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Whats you projected release date, have to say it looks awesome

9. TheFoxSoft

Thanks!!! :)
    Active Soccer will be available for the sale on 14th of December

10. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Looks weird, but strangely enough, a lot of fun too.

Except for the name, sorry, I'm not in the US so it'll always be football to me XD

And cross platform multiplayer? sold.

11. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Soccer is short for the association in association football, the official name of football. I'm British and have no problem with the use of the word, there are numerous instances of its use here.
    I have no idea why it's looked on as an Americanism and thus somehow wrong because it isn't.

Anyhoo, this looks great and I will buy. While it would be nice on my iPad I would also like it on my android phone, is this a possibility?

12. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    #12 trundley, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    wow amazing! any chance we can get a sneak peak gameplay to see how it works?

Also, in the first picture it looks like a few people are just stood still, surely they should be in some kind of pose to show they are ready or actually are moving?

Also, had an idea: Will it be possible to have a feature kind of like the Fifa Ultimate Team where you start with a poor team with not so great stats/skills and you play through a league. Wins gets you coins/cash (some form of currency) and you can transfer player into/out of your team for Currency. Eventually you have a good team where by you can score increasingly awesome goals!

13. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    He has actually posted a link. :)

YouTube:
    video

14. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I missed the link too, this comes out the day I am paid....this dev is getting my money....please please don't be freemium.

15. TheFoxSoft

Thank you. If you guys continue to support the game in such great way i see no reason to exclude the porting for Android and Windows 8!
    Active Soccer supports the cross platform online gaming this means it is designed to be played independently from the platforms. So be prepared to have iPhone vs Android online matches! :)

This is exactly my idea that i had to exclude in this version due time constraints. Basically, you start to play in 3rd division. The more you win, the more earnings you have and the more skilled players you can purchase.

The game will not be freemium. If you buy the game you'll get the full version of the game.

16. TheFoxSoft

You can check the youtube link included in my first post but honestly video can't express the whole gameplay.
    Don't expect a simple game, i don't know the right word in english but let's say the gameplay is "deep". It means you must play, play and play if you want to really master the game.
    The gameplay is different from FIFA or PES, here you must set direction of the ball, height and swerve this is why the learning curve is a bit higher than the other football games. But i can assure it soooo rewarding when you are able to build good playing.

17. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    2 days left :) CANT WAIT! Is it going to go live on the app store as soon as it turns the 14th?

18. TheFoxSoft

One day left!!!

19. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Will it be a world wide release, and if so what time would it be available? :)

Can't wait anymore...

20. TheFoxSoft

It is a world wide release but I really don't know what time it will be available