Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Then, if you're on iphone 4, I highly recommend you Demon Hunter [you can save any time.]
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well i was lucky enough to get a promo code for this.

The animation i think is pretty good, the character moves smoothly on my ipod touch 5th gen.

However the lack of any thing on the menu is a bit strange, theres no resume, just 'start game' really and thats it.

You seem to get killed very easily, think it needs to be a bit easier.

To me its like some other Castlevania-ish games, there is potential there but i'm still waiting for the 'perfect' Castlevania/Metroid type game on iOS. An update could make this game pretty good, but at the moment its not quite there sadly
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youtopia View Post
Then, if you're on iphone 4, I highly recommend you Demon Hunter [you can save any time.]
I'll give that a go. Good one.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:45 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well i was lucky enough to get a promo code for this.

The animation i think is pretty good, the character moves smoothly on my ipod touch 5th gen.

However the lack of any thing on the menu is a bit strange, theres no resume, just 'start game' really and thats it.

You seem to get killed very easily, think it needs to be a bit easier.

To me its like some other Castlevania-ish games, there is potential there but i'm still waiting for the 'perfect' Castlevania/Metroid type game on iOS. An update could make this game pretty good, but at the moment its not quite there sadly
It's not really that hard, belive me. I'm at the final stage, but in the last levels I had to replay the prev. ones to get more money and to level up, so you get stronger.

Right now I'm lvl 27 and I can do chapters 1 to 5 within mins. And I'm afraid there's just one more chapter, I find this game really small :/

PS- slamraman, I hope you like DH
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM

Default Game Impressions

this game is a tribute to Castlevania: SOTN on PS1.
Character and weapons are similar, gameplay also.
Graphics look amazing especially on iPhone5 (supports widescreen)
Musics are ice and fit with the gothic atmosphere.
However, level design is pretty simple and straightforward.
No 'Metroidvania' like gameplay of unlocking new areas through new abilities.

Level design is simple, and also the game is pretty short
(though i'm stuck on the last boss for now)
But overall it's good fun and for 3 I definitely recommend it
Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 AM

To all those who are wondering about how this runs on a iPad: its ok. I got it because im a huge Castlevania fan, this is obviously inspired by it. On a iPad the graphics dont look that great, of course, its a bit uncomfortable to play, but its still playable with no problems. However, i didnt like the game itsself that much. Its not challenging, nor interesting, which for me makes it not that fun. The music is great, everyone says the graphics are awesome on the iPhone so I will agree, but as for gameplay its too straight forward and obvious. Also a bit glitchy, I mean there are enemies who cant even turn around to face you once you have jumped over them... Tngs like that piss me off. So yeah... I dont recomend it that much even for Castlevania fans. If it costed 1 dollar of something it would have been a recomend, but for 3 - isnt worth it.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by istako View Post
To all those who are wondering about how this runs on a iPad: its ok. I got it because im a huge Castlevania fan, this is obviously inspired by it. On a iPad the graphics dont look that great, of course, its a bit uncomfortable to play, but its still playable with no problems. However, i didnt like the game itsself that much. Its not challenging, nor interesting, which for me makes it not that fun. The music is great, everyone says the graphics are awesome on the iPhone so I will agree, but as for gameplay its too straight forward and obvious. Also a bit glitchy, I mean there are enemies who cant even turn around to face you once you have jumped over them... Tngs like that piss me off. So yeah... I dont recomend it that much even for Castlevania fans. If it costed 1 dollar of something it would have been a recomend, but for 3 - isnt worth it.
Yeah I stopped playing at the moonwalking demon dragon. I dont kill anything that I cant look in the eyes
Old 04-20-2013, 03:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Now it's free, but with IAPs (but they're not really necessary.)