GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    The game plays like a dream in 2x mode. Don't update yet! I wish I could go back...

2. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Yesterday they released a fix, it works on the iPad now.

3. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    Helloooo to everybody...
    ..what about this game? Is good?? Good story?? You reccomend it to me ( I have 4th gen ipod touch 8gb )?

4. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    #1424 soldat7, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    The most recent update kills the framerate on the iPad 2. Check out the last few pages for details.

Of course. Buy it. Lots of items, level and enemy variety, and fun gameplay. Hearkens back a bit to games like Secret of Mana.

5. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    iPad 2 owner: After reading the feedback, I'm going to hold off a little longer as well. I want to play it, but not if it's choppy.

6. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Huh, I'm having 0 problems on my iPad 2.

7. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Try the game on your iPhone or iPod Touch. The framerate is much worse on the iPad 2. The most likely culprit seems to be the large scrolling backgrounds, according to another developer who posted yesterday.

I played several hours of the old version in 2x mode and it was buttery smooth. The game is still playable currently, but very choppy compared to the non-universal version; not quite as bad as something like Inotia, but it's very rough.

8. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Alright, tried it on my iPod touch and it was slightly better. Still good on the iPad, nothing I really noticed right off the bat.

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I had difficulty initially noticing the framerate difference on my iPad 2. iPad 1 is very noticeable, though.

The culprit was a UI bug. A UI layer designed for retina display on the iphone was accidentally switched on for iPads during that quick hotfix. With it turned off in the update we submitted last night, it runs at 60 FPS again. That's on iPad 1 and 2, though it can dip a bit on iPad 1. With the UI bug, the FPS gets locked to a cap of 40 FPS, never going higher.

10. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Awesome. Glad the bug was found! Can't wait to continue playing this game. I'm even tempted by the iAPs (and I typically HATE iAPs) :)

11. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Kepa when will those IAP things you were talking about come out? Anytime soon?

I will buy them even though I will have all the hats by then, 3 left.

Can you please get back to me on the drop rate of the golem rook hat?

12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It's likely that the golem rook hat drop is still bugged after we thought we fixed it for the third time. The Nightmare bishop or Nightmare knight still drop them, though. You could get it from Master Tetra 2.

IAP things? We might do more IAP in the content update, but that's so long off now (around the same time as the next game) that we may not bother. It could go either way.

13. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Could you give a rough estimate of the next game.

EX. Q1 2012, Q4 2011...?

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Nope, never again. I probably won't announce a planned release date until we're in the polish stages. Will post previews and such during development, though.

15. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Good call. Announce the game 10 days before release, otherwise gamers will be like hungry baby birds clamoring for a worm if you're 20 seconds overdue on the release.

The update is kick-ass, really enjoying tinkering with everything to see the changes in action.

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Buy it NOW. NOW NOW NOW. Stop reading, start playing. After you have played, please come back and read the bottom of this post.

You're welcome.

17. terelin

terelin Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Hey Kepa,

Is the arena update still scheduled to come out only when the next game hits? Just asking cos it sounds like a ton of fun.

Anyway, great work again on this game. Really excellent game that I have been enjoying heaps.

18. Ausgeno

Ausgeno Active Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Great work Kepa, I'm looking forward to the fix, the game is fantastic.

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah, it's planned for when the next game hits. It'll have the drudge arena and 3-5 new equipment items you can get. We're considering adding no IAP to that update, just focusing on a banner that would link to the spinoff.

20. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Is there a chance of the framerate update hitting before Christmas/Apple's moratorium. I'm chomping at the bit to play!