Upcoming Releases of 2013

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RaptorF35, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Aw man, that would be a real shame.

What if you dropped the "released" part of the thread?
    You're pretty dang awesome at finding the upcoming releases, is that part is less time consuming?

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I agree with E7...you're awesome at this. What if you just posted upcoming releases without following them up after release, or not necessarily even posting the releases' respected threads. Just a list of what's coming out and when. If anything I'm sure a bunch of mods (myself included) would love to help out and add the threads, TA Plays videos, etc. No promises of course, but yeah...if you're still up to it, it doesn't necessarily have to be a one man job.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I would simply love a list with confirmed games which are coming out. No need to update lists, just post when you have news of a game coming out on a certain day.

The upcoming thread ages ago used to do the same thing. Dont get me wrong this ones more precise but i'm not surprised it takes up too much of your time.

A thread where people simply post what games are confirmed to come out would be good, no need to even update 'post 1', just go back a few pages and see what games people have said are coming out.

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Agreed with psj. I don't understand why the 'Games to come each week' thread has been closed.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Merely because this thread serve(s/d) the same purpose. That was a "2012" thread while this is/was (you get the idea) for 2013. It's essentially the same. I thought my closing message in that thread made that clear. :p

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Raptor, take care and thanks for the work you have done... Opportunities, always take that train

7. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    But why not doing the same thread again for 2013? Personally I don't need a list with all games that come out in the next months/years (and like raptor said, it is also a lot of work to update these lists). I just want to know what comes in the next week or 2.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep the next week is all i want.

Its like the old computer magazines always had a 'coming soon' section with the games coming out next.

Its a shame every Wednesday at 11am NZ time we dont always know what games are coming, i'm stunned companies dont hype up their games more before they come out.

Often theres quite a few surprises which turn up which no one knew about

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If you put aside the monthly thing in this thread, isn't there already a list of games to come next week?

From the OP:

24 Banana Kong
    24 Half-Inch Heist
    24 Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
    24 Tennis in the Face
    24 Undead Slayer

Think of this thread as an expanded version of last years. There's nothing more to it. Anyways, if Raptor doesn't want to continue, this thread will most likely just end up exactly like last years. Nothing wrong with that...and we can always change the title to "Games to Come Each Week 2013". ;)

10. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #90 RaptorF35, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Sure, I think I could probably do the upcoming part of this thread...it was a big mistake of mine to attempt to list the releases, those were the time killers.

I'll update the post tonight to remove the releases. Could one of you mods change the title to "Upcoming Releases of 2013"

Thanks for the encouragement!

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I wanted to add my voice of appreciation. If you have personal matters that take priority that's understandable. Like others, I appreciate the upcoming bit most of all. Also, I know you started posting daily updates but updates don't necessarily have to be daily.

Given Raptor's conflict with his real life and originator Twiggy's disappearance from last year's thread it's too bad there can't be a wikipedia style listing that any user could add to or modify and games come up. I wonder if the forum software would allow that.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Done...and you're welcome. :)

13. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Thanks! First post updated. Please delete my posts after the "unknown" list.

I'm going to try to get all of the unknown games in one post. I found a way, using BB Code, to shorten the code behind the links so that the 10k character limit won't affect the list as much as it does now.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Back with a vengeance!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I just realized I got rid of the rest of the "month" posts that didn't haven't been edited to say "Delete". Did you want those, Raptor? :/

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    When does pixel people come out?

17. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #97 RaptorF35, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Yes, thank you :)

EDIT: Rather, no, I didn't want the posts.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright...phew. :p

Also, what's with the didn't/haven't stuff in my last post? >_>

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I've added Wave Trip and I moved disney infinity to "unknown" (The game was gonna be revealed in January, the release is planned for June)

20. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Thanks for the help killer and E7, makes my life easier :)