Neuroshima Hex Puzzle - 100 scenarios for Neuroshima Hex (Universal, Retina, GC)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Feb 18, 2011.

1. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    We happily announce that a new Neuroshima Hex based game will hit the AppStore in March 2011. Neuroshima Hex Puzzle is a set of 100 tactical scenarios (also known as Hex-aches) solving of which will guarantee long hours of exciting fun!

More info on the Neuroshima Hex Puzzle page.

And a few screenshots to whet your appetite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Looks like fun.

Two questions:

Will this be added as IAP to those who already have Neuroshima Hex? I much prefer to have all this in one game as opposed to having two "flavors" of Neuroshima Hex on my phone. Again, happy to pay for the content, just prefer it to be IAP in the original game.

Also, will you be having anyone QA the flavor text? I notice in the screenshot the text is an awkward read, ie: "something common" instead of "something in common" and "Seems like true friendship, over there" ( sentence fragment ). It's just a polish issue, but games with a poor translation drive me crazy :)

3. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Yeah, we also noticed few spelling mistakes. We will heve it corrected.

4. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Looks great; can't wait to play. I'm guessing this will be another big win for the NH development team.

This will be a separate app, correct? And will have its own icon, its own GC stuff, etc.? It looks a little too elaborate to simply be an in-app purchase.

5. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Oh, I forgot to answer the IAP question.

Yeah, TheDukester is right - this will be a separate app. It would be kind of tricky to integrate this into NS Hex as IAP and we couldn't find any reason to do so :) It will have it's own GC stuff - achievements to be precise. Hopefully it will be a big win :)

I haven't played all of the puzzles yet, but the ones I have played were really hard to solve, so be prepared for spending a lot of time on this one ;)

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I am disappointed in this .... I was expecting it out now!!

Looking forward!!

7. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    To cheer you up a bit - it's just another week of testing and scenarios polishing and Neuroshima Hex Puzzle will be sent to Apple for approval. I hope youor finger nails will survive for that long :)

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I am already at the toe :D

9. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Before this thread gets into full swing I'd like to point something out to anyone who bemoans the fact that this is a seperate app. The first game was the complete article.
    Much like when React Games released Archon Conquest I am just pleased to be getting a new game in this mould to play. It's easy to bitch and moan, to you people I'd say don't buy it. We already had a really good update from BigDaddy including retina and universal. They'll have my money on day one (hopefully no more than $2.99 for universal, an early bird sale would also be nice if you please). Just wanted to say this and hopefully keep this thread together.

10. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Freaking Fantastic! Can't wait until this is released....

11. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    Like the Neuroshima Hex app will this also beable to run on the 2nd Gen ITouch?please say yes >.<*crosses fingers*

12. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Yes, we're targeting exactly the same iOS versions as for Neuroshima Hex.

13. idragoncool

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    YES!<3 thanks you BIG DADDY CREATIONS! you guys are the best, how much is the app? i only have 2 dollars left on my account :[

14. idragoncool

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    zomg next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cant wait!

15. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Awesome game!! Neuroshima Hex is one of my favorite strategy games on iOS and this looks like it could be up there as well. Can't wait and great job Devs!

16. idragoncool

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    I hope its out by tuesday, are you guys going to post a video of the game play?

17. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Not sure why you'd think this. The OP says the game is targeted for a March release, not a March 1st release. There's no indication the game has even been submitted yet, let alone approved.

This is definitely a case where I'd love to be wrong ... but I really don't think this will be available Tuesday.

18. idragoncool

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    indeed.

19. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Well, it's wednesday and it's still not available :) It's great to see you guys are waiting for this game so impatiently, but you need to understand we need some time to test it before sending to Apple. So please, give us some more tme, so we can prepare a better app.

20. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Take your time - we will wait! ^____^