Jet Car Stunts 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unbrokenchain33, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just updated the True Axis website, trueaxis.com. There is a bit of a JCS2 teaser there.

I was planning on releasing the level editor trailer by now, but I am too worried the level editor looks too different to the rest of the game, so have decided to delay it until there are some other trailers ready as well. I've been working on a secret new game modes recently.

2. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I like the new look! Also, not sure if the title banner was always there, but it sure looks cool.

[​IMG]

3. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    There are six new cars in the picture. The seventh car in the game will be brought over from the original JCS. Also, one of the cars in the picture already made it into Jet Car Stunts WP, which a few iPhone users where understandably a little upset about.

4. TroutDeep

TroutDeep Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Yay!

Very much looking forward to this one, Luke. :) JCS is one of the best games on iOS, I recon. Wonder what your team has up its sleeve for JCS2. With two additional years of iOS platform experience and ever more powerful target platforms (Apple and Android), well... I just want to tell you all good luck. We're all counting on you.

5. Happycamper95

Happycamper95 New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Utah - United States
    #145 Happycamper95, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
    What I can see is (from left to right then top): 1. A simple car 2. Big monster truck 3. A Formula 1 looking car 4. A small car with a jet engine attached to the top 5. A fancy sports car 6. And the new jet car.
    And 7, like you mentioned, the original jet car.

They look great! I'm excited! :)
    I'm looking forward to this too. JCS is definitely at the top of my favorite games.
    I have to agree with TroutDeep, JCS is one of the best games on iOS.

I'm looking forward to True Skate as well. I'm not much of a skateboarder person, actually I'm not one at all but it looks like it will be quite fun. It looks great.
    Looks like I'll be buying both. :D

6. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    How come the first jetcarstunts doesn't have an ipad version?

7. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    So much pressure;)

Actually, this could possibly happen in the next couple months. It has been a long time coming.

8. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Even...the first one? That would make the wait for JCS2 a whole lot easier!

Looking forward to number two. Take all the time you need, you're only one man and we all know these things take time.

9. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    That is great news about JCS maybe getting native ipad resolution support. That would be a very welcome update by many I am sure :).

I keep forgetting that JCS2 is supposed to have a level editor released. I am very excited about that. Even with JCS2 releasing with a level editor I hope that you still plan for future map packs like you did (are still doing?) with JCS1. User levels can be great but having official levels is still something I would like and pay for.

Are offcial map packs worth creating from a revenue standpoint? If so I wonder why you don't hire third party map creators to create more JCS1 map bundles to sell. There has to be a lot of map creators out in the world that would jump at the chance I would think. I would certainly be buying them. Hopefully it would help support trueaxis so that we make sure JCS2 and 3 and 4 come out ;).

10. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    The game sounds great! I thought production on this game was halted, but then saw these forums, and was so glad to hear that there's even a teaser logo released! One question, though: Will this game receive updates?

11. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Can't wait for this game. Gonna be great

12. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    So where's the video?

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Are the Jet Car Stunt games like the old Amiga game named Stunt Car Racer. I really loved that game back in the day.

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry, After I did the level editor video, I realized that it just looks too different from the rest of the game, and I don't want to confuse everybody with it. I decided to hold it back until I have more stuff ready to show as well and start getting people more excited closer to the release date.

I've been working on adding a secret new game mode recently, but am probably going to move over to focus on finishing True Skate first now. It will be a very simple game on first release so should not take long, where as JCS2 has heaps of content.

15. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Alright dudes, it's been like 4 months. NEED MORE INFO! : )

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Wow. Totally forgot about this. I loved the the first. I hope to hear something soon!

17. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I imagine they are still mainly working on TrueSkate since that is supposed to be finished first and bring in more funds so thy can work on JCS2.

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, very close to finishing of True Skate at the moment, although, I am unfortunately mostly sick in bed at the moment. Have a new programmer working at True Axis now which is going to help things along a lot, although, I've had some recent trouble with contractors which will set things back.

To get it out this year, it is starting to look like it will be necessary to drop some planned contents and features from the initial release, and add it later as an update. There is really a lot of content. I personally designed all the levels for JCS1, but this time, they where mostly out sourced. I really want to find the time to go back through them and make sure they live up to the expectations set from JCS1.

19. Inqalexi

Inqalexi Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I liked the first part. The second seems to be interesting

20. Captain Cheeseburger

Sep 26, 2012
    My thoughts exactly