Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I think if this gets released this week, there will be more than enough hype to sell bucket loads!
    It would be nice if Firemonkeys Sam or someone from the dev's end could give us an update though.

2. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I would remind you answers we've got on twitter and Facebook.

Q:supported devices?
    A:wait when we're closer to release.

That makes me think that release is not as close as it seemed (I guessed 17th)

3. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    They're being shamefully quiet about this. If they were a week from release, we would've seen a lot photos and videos of the game, and even some websites having a preview of the game. But till now, it's silence at Firemonkeys HQ.

I truly hope they're close, but I think by now it's a bit wishful to see this in 2012. :(

4. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica

They're on vacation! :D
    ... laughing at the speculations!

;)

5. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    More information but very strange it's listed on the ea website as released but let's not panic. Sorry if I have cause any problems to anybody

Attached Files:

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Gotta be this week:)

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Looks very much like placeholders became active a bit early.
    Does look like its this week now though.

Hope so anyway. It's really the one game this I really can't wait to see on iPhone 5.
    Most Wanted is fantastic and I'm expecting this to be even better.

Thanks for that Joe by the way, good catch. Hope it pans out.

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm not sure that the game listed as "New" means much, though. If you look under Release Date, there are only 3 options - Legacy, Past Year, and New. There isn't a category for Upcoming or anything like that.

9. Pman17

Pman17 New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    It will most likely be out the 20th. New apps always release on Thursdays. The reason they haven't given us any notice is because they are on crunch to finish the app. With the looks of it, since this is EA, the other cars they were suppose to announce will be extra in app purchases for later on.

10. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    This is certainly weird. I too don't get the logic if they want to release on the 20th. Also, if it was the 31st as I heard, that'd make lesser sense as the build up would be very slow. Hmmm...

11. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    App store freeze. They can't release it then, unlees the freeze is over.
    Nevermind looked it up.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    They've announced different brands already ages back.
    Plus in any of EA's iOS games, cars have never been iap.
    In any of Firemonkeys previous racing games (including both Real Racing and Need for Speed franchises), extra cars have never been iap.
    You can be 100% sure that's not going to happen here. In game currency will almost certainly be iap but cars no.
    And before someone says cash to buy cars being iap is the same as iap, its not. Cash can be earned in any of their previous games quite easily.

Another thing worth noting is (and Sam from Firemonkeys confirmed this previously) NFS Most Wanted for iOS never got an announcement release date. It simply released on the same day as the console which everybody believed it would but Firemonkeys themselves never once announced a release date for it.
    I assume the same thing is happening here.

And as to whether the game is ready or not, I'm very sure that it is.

13. Platinumandroid

Nov 29, 2012
    Yeah I really hope this game is released before the App Store freeze but if it isn't at least I have Most Wanted and MC4 to keep my free time from being boring.
    What's up Agentblank :)

14. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    but don't forget that before Most Wanted was released, so many websites and bloggers got hands-on preview of the game, as well as being showcased in many gaming conventions, and Firemonkeys even released a video for Most Wanted a week before release.

We haven't seen anything like this with Real Racing 3, which makes me believe we'll see this in 2013. Marketing wise, if Firemonkeys are really proud of their game (and I bet they are) and it was almost ready, we would've seen a lot more press coverage and generating hype about the game.

15. Cory Gillmore

Cory Gillmore Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Byhalia, MS
    As unfortunate as it is, I have to agree...I just think we'd of seen more by now. I mean have we seen anything about this game since the iPhone 5 keynote? Is that not the only trailer or gameplay footage we've seen? I'd be really surprised if it just dropped this week with no word or anything. But I'd also be really happy :)

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    In ancient warfare, it was very common to use "the element of surprise" to quickly defeat your enemy. Maybe the folks at Firemonkeys have been reading too much SunTzu stuff that they are going to use the element of surprise to out-do other games being released this week, and Apple will feature them anyways over the 1 week holiday period, so promotion/advertising or not, RR3 will draw the numbers.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #377 Rip73, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Firemonkeys said a fall release. They haven't changed that stance. They said a few weeks ago they were still on for a fall release and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.

Fans do actually matter to that team and if there was something they needed the fans to know about a delay or moving the release beyond fall, they'd want their fans to know.

Any previews or hands on of the game (and don't for any reason think they haven't already been hands on) are simply covered by an embargo probably.

As far as I'm concerned, they said a fall release so its a fall release. I don't need previews or hands on to prove it (which is not one of the things they do with their games anyway as shown by anything Firemint,now Firemonkeys, ever did, I don't recall RR2 getting proper hands on previews published prior to release either, just general information and no release date until a couple of days beforehand).

I'll take this particular developer at their word and look forward to Thursday.

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Second that, bring it on!

19. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Judging by Rip73's conviction, I am convinced he knows something we don't!

Anyways, I am hoping there'd be a proper multiplayer mode which allows us to create our own games. I don't like n00bs crashing into me on the first turn and that's why I never played the MP in RR2. If so, will you guys be open to having a few games at least once a week on a pre-determined time slot?

20. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012

I sure hope you're on to something here. I'm gonna take your word for it, and prepare my wallet for Thursday! :p