Universal War of the Zombie - (by Jacques Deul)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    ^This^ :cool:

In fact, I'll go ahead an re-download the game. It has sooo much potential it's disgusting.

2. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I'm going to actually play it now! The update sounds sweet

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    How is this running on iPod 4?

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time obviously! Made some stages of the tutorial and so far it's recommended.

5. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Amazing game. Glad I got it.

Sometimes it freezes though.

6. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I love this game, but there needs to be just a few tweaks here and there to make it perfect.

1. The AI is very silly. Marines and enimies alike just run into objects instead of thinking to go around.
    2. Zombies run at you through oceans and end up drowing. It happens to rebels sometimes as well, and your Marines aren't smart enough to get out of the water if they're drowing as well.
    3. I get rare slowdowns on my iPod touch 4G. More memory optimizations if possible.
    4. Really frustrating black screens after a mission! Doesn't happen too often, but sometimes after a long mission. Not cool.

One good thing is, the devs are pretty badass! They keep adding more and more and give out fixes. They really like hearing from us.

Definitely give this game a shot, and if you like the game or want to see more, just make a suggestion! They love hearing our feedback. They also have an official Facebook page with more info you can find on this game or ask questions. Also! You can try to get your photo as a character in the game! Awesome! :)

Serious potential here, it just keeps getting better.

7. Pandabunny

Pandabunny Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    #167 Pandabunny, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    The game seems nice, but I don't understand many many things, it really needed some kind of explanation or guide.

I really would like to know the following things:

1. (most important!!!): How do I hire personnel??
    I want to buy some labs, but without scientists it doesn't make sense. I would also like a few doctors, etc.

2.: Why is it important to have good relations with countries?

3.: What do I gain by infecting a country?

4.: Why should I nuke a country?

5. I understand that I can gain things by scavenging countries, but is it really worth it if the relations to these countries get worse?
    Can I get so many things that it's worth the risk?
    Also: Is it better to scavenge friendly or unfriendly countries?

5.: Why should I accept requisition orders? If I understand them correctly, these are just orders from countries who need something and want to buy it from me, but I don't want to sell helicopters and similar things.

6.: Are any guides to the game available somewhere?

Hope you can help me :)

8. Pandabunny

Mar 20, 2012
    Nobody here who can help me out?

9. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    1) You hire personnel by doing missions that involve rescuing VIPs. After the mission, you are offered the option to recruit the VIPs. Some are diplomats, doctors, advisors, scientists, soldiers or just plain citizens.

2) Good relations mean they will buy items from you at higher prices. Hostile nations will send jets to attack your carrier.

3) I've not tried infecting yet so cannot comment.

4) Sometimes there are too many zombies infecting a country and you are unable to kill them all. My highest so far is 28k zombies. In such cases, it is easier to nuke them and halt the spread to neighbouring countries. Note that you can enter the mission, kill some zombies and evac out. You can repeat this as many times as you want. This is a good way to train your soldiers.

5) Requisition orders are a good way to earn money. Friendly countries will buy them from you at higher than market prices. You can sometimes find bm2 kratos from mission and salvage them for 1M each (market price is 2M). You can earn a hefty 1M+ profit each by selling to friendly nations.

6) The game has facebook site with some FAQs that you can read.

10. Pandabunny

Mar 20, 2012

wow, thank you very very much!!

Two more things:
    1.: What if most of my team members are in hospital, is there a way to speed it up or recruit other members other than with saving VIPs?
    Because it's risky to do a mission with less than 4 team members..

2.: My problem with requisition is that I don't know if I'm going to need the things friendly countries want to buy from me later in the game, so I'm not sure if it's good to sell or not, if it's just for the money.

Again, thank you very much :)

11. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    1) Either assign more people as doctors or just go to the next day to recover. It is quite easy to stay alive even with less than 4 team members by running about.

2) Everything can be bought or made. No need to save anything.

Tip: buy 1 extra chinook and 3 small helicopters. That way you can do up to 4 missions in a day. If you do not have injured soldiers, assign docotors somewhere else to train them up. Advisors and diplomats are hard to find so move them in those departments.

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have a hunch good things are in store for War of the Zombie.

13. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    What does this mean? If you know something... Come clean man. I really enjoyed this game. I just wish it was polished up.

14. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Wow.

I'm guessing no one has played this lately. I can safely say undeadcow was correct. :D

The developer has been updating this gem consistently and I can say it's much more fleshed out, now seeming closer to it's full potential.

This game deserves your attention.

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I guess it's time to see if it is now working properly on my mini, last time I tried to play this on my mini it did not function properly. Hopefully that has all been fixed.

16. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I guess I'll have to redownload and see, I had given up because it was beyond bad IMO, I liked the idea at the time but it wasn't worth it the way it was. Hopefully I can be happy with it now

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

18. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I'm still not sure if this is up to par yet. The tutorial says your marines will automatically fire when a threat is in range, during the last tutorial mission I lost 3 survivors and two marines because they let a zombie walk right into our small crowd and did nothing to stop until those mentioned were already killed.
    I could understand that happening with a larger number of zombies but not with only one zombie

19. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #179 ScotDamn, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Why thanks! Great minds think alike or something like that.. :D

Did you just aggressively run into the zombies? I haven't noticed any issues with units firing, they're plenty trigger happy. :)

Edit: Did you have manual fire on? At one part it makes you go manual fire so I could imagine that happening accidentally. Also remember different weapons have different ranges. So naturally shotguns need to be closer than rifles. Also you can have the VIPs follow specific soldiers by turning follow off for individual units. What I've done before was separate my squad in pairs. A pair wielding shotguns and the other pair uzi/rifles. That's the beauty though, there are lots of combinations you could do and the new features/options add to this.

Speaking about the update, I'm digging the destructible buildings, the optional missions and the researching. I don't know when they made the different roles (diplomats, doctors, scientist) have a purpose, but now that they do, it really makes WOTZ feel much more complete.

20. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This game just received a new update with some new features and some gameplay tweaks.