Jobs! You spoilt my Halloween! – an angry mother

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Sandysong, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Sandysong

Sandysong New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    #1 Sandysong, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    This is a product manager working at《Eat it》project.
    We are very excited that 《eat it》has a circulation of almost 10,000, also reaches the best mark in the company since the begining of last month. The following weeks, we’ve smoothly resolved crash issues, and designed 《eat it HD v.1.10》Halloween version for all players. New version has been changed to In Review from 25th Oct. I was brimming over with joy! When i received the call from my little boy, i said “baby, you will got mom’s new game in Halloween!”.

In a week or so, another game 《Mad Office HD》released, and successfully listed “What we are playing”. i felt more confident, thanks for all colleagues working hard for 《Eat it HD》Halloween version, i believe it will be better. Unfortunately, nothing happened! Eight days passed, our Halloween verion hasn’t released yet! What’s wrong?!

My team has many ‘frist’ in Oct, the products was recommended on Appstore Homepage for the first time; sales reaches 10,000 first; designing special version for feast; and the first time! the product released on Appstore over seven days!! Jobs! You break a promise for developers! You promise Apple only do a seven-day product review! And now, it’s the eighth day! i’m angry with you especially i was at celeberating party hold by 《Mad office》product manager! Jobs! You spoilt my Halloween! The promise for my child has already been breached because of you!
    [​IMG]

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Quick, call the whaaambulance!!

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I don't think Steve Jobs is a member here.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    ITT: Real and digital lives converge into one epic grand finale.

5. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Wrong board. Wrong site... Heck, wrong planet.

6. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Aha!

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The celebration - I desire the fact that your game gushes forth! Regrettable, Steve Jobs the list is not done at number here. When you feel that it reaches to this sound recording of the mistake made, use the telephone for the second time.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Seven working days from October 25 is November 3. In America most companies do not operate on the weekends. I believe that is the misunderstanding.

9. Sandysong

Sandysong New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    <captain's fury>,<tomb of qin>,<spartan hero> and <mad offcie>, all of these are completed in 7 days!not working days!

I don't know how to explain to my son:(

10. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Steve Jobs is evil! Evil! Eeeeeeeevil!

11. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #11 MICHAELSD, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    You don't need to have it in the App Store for your son to play it. You could send it to him and he could still play it on his iDevice now:

http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/distribute.html

"Share your application with up to 100 other iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch users with Ad Hoc distribution. Share your application through email, or by posting it to a web site or server." Since you said you called him to tell him, I'm going to assume he's an adult, anyway, so you don't have to worry so much.

12. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    Why is it such a big deal? Your son can handle a few disappointments here and there.

13. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    lol wtf, big deal..

where does it say app reviews are guranteed to be done by 7 days? nowhere..

especialy on such special holidays like halloween, xmas etc. there are alot of additional apps to be approved due to new themes, special apps for the "event" etc.. so its more than natural that things do take longer around such dates..

if you want to have an app ready for christmas don't send it in a week before .. send it in now and set the release date to the date you wish..