NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Two actually. I don't know, with Shark Dash and Nova 3, I'm starting to get my hopes up. But then the lack of support for mc3 pulls me back to reality - its gameloft we're speaking of.

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Shark Dash? lol

No I think that at this point Gameloft is just going to continue with their older franchises and keep the premium model consistent there. Hopefully they learned their lesson about that with DH3... But yeah, definitely still expect a lot of freemium from them in the future, people keep paying for it so they will continue to provide it.

3. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    They released more than two paymium games last year. Gangstar Rio, MC3, 9mm, and Order & Chaos come to mind.

They had plenty of premium games without IAP too - Shadow Guardian, Tintin, Rainbow Six, and BackStab to name a few.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Shhh...he has a point to make ad-naseum. Don't disturb him with actual facts...

5. Platyrrhine

Jan 6, 2012
    Sorry I forgot the rules :(

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #226 Rip73, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    I don't know why, but this just had me laughing my ass off!
    For some reason it just reminded me of the big bang theory, where Penny would ask Sheldon a question and the rest of the group would groan because now a long drawn out explanation was coming. Then they just say to be quiet and just nod indifferent agreement with him. Thanks for the laugh.

Ps, nothing personal to the original post this quote was replying to by the way.

7. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    funny

Just want to try out, if the hacker problem is still as severe as I percieved a few month ago and after the gameloft logo faded out, I got a pop-up: "This application may have been illegally obtained."

Then the application freezes.

I think one can say, that the hacking problem is still severe :eek:

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It happened when I restored my ipad over Icloud. Redownloading the game made that popup disappear

9. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Thing is you can hack the game even with a purchased version. I guess they could make it so it only runs on 5.1 which hasn't been jailbroken yet. But after it does get jailbroken the hackers will come back.

10. We have a mixture of freemium and premium games coming this year - thus far, 50% of releases this year have been premium, so we're not entirely freemium focused and you have some premium titles to look forward to :)

11. Not necessarily ;) there is plenty of variety in the multiplayer maps in N.O.V.A. 3 though, from size to setting.

12. oopsHong

oopsHong Member

Apr 17, 2012
    k

This looks like an amazing game and I knew instantly that this is what I have been looking for! Can’t wait….please give us more information!

13. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Really glad this isn't one of those freemium crap games *cough*Dungeon Hunter 3*cough*. Looks like another instabuy once it comes out

14. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011

are you working for Gameloft? they told in a Interview to the german iplayapps.de in 2012 coming not many premium /paymium titles .the freemium cash-cow will be still the main focus..well i know about the change to the stock Exchange and the growht target. but the fact is this Company make things in the last months ... thats not ok! making games like NOVA3 is a win -win for everybody .dont be blind with +$$$

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Any chance of a third proper Dungeon Hunter game ? The first two were superb, the third ruined it. Any chance of a traditional RPG again ?

16. Freemium is a big focus yes, but premium hasn't been disregarded (as you can see with N.O.V.A. 3) and won't ever be completely disregarded (yes, we learnt from DH3).

Making titles such as N.O.V.A. 3 is becoming increasingly difficult - development cycles can now be as long as that of a console game, and expectations are becoming higher and higher. It's good because it pushes us harder to make the best possible experience, but it means there's less resource to create premium title after premium title, even if freemium didn't exist :)

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

If you don't want to watch the trailer, here's a picture I made of the vehicles in the game

Attached Files:

18. Ezak

Ezak Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    well....hrmm....i'll might post something constructive once I manage to pick up my jaw from the floor...

19. Platyrrhine

Jan 6, 2012
    Holy... :eek: