Separate iTunes accounts and buying I.A.P?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KevinS, Feb 11, 2013.

1. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    If you buy a game on a Canadian iTunes account, you can't buy I.A.P's on it with a US account. Is there any way around this. I guess the only way around this would be to re-download the game on my US account. Would I lose all my progress then, or would gamecenter save it? Thanks for your help! :)

2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    you could use a program like iexplorer, ifunbox, diskaid, itools and back up the documents and profile folder of that game most of the times the documents folders keeps the save games.

So you just delete the old and download the new and paste that folder again and you should have your progress

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Nope, that's not possible. You have to buy IAPs with the same account as the game has been purchased with.

4. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Ok, thank you. That's a great idea! :)

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I've had the same problem, and this is my solution - if you have more than one device, simply use it to download the game with the account you want to purchase IAPs from. That way, the account will have the same game associated with it and *should* process the IAPs.

Of course, this only works with free games, unless you want to pay for the game twice.

*Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself, but it's what I was planning to do. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but there's a small chance that it may not.

6. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I've been doing it for years.
    Echo is right, you can log in from another device with the same game centre logged in and buy something.
    But usually games with a log in already automatically save your progress to your account, so even if you delete the game it should be saved to your log in.
    Just when you delete the game don't select 'delete my game centre progress'
    Sometimes I buy a free game with my nz account before the game is available but I always try to redowload that game (if its really good) on my proper account the next day.