Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-08-2014, 04:23 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Yep, agree with oooooomonkey above. I had a great week with it before moving on. It was less than two pounds and I certainly got my monies worth. I don't even particularly like Star Trek just thought I'd give it a go at the time. If you don't like the look of it then I'd look at something else.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Yep, agree with oooooomonkey above. I had a great week with it before moving on. It was less than two pounds and I certainly got my monies worth. I don't even particularly like Star Trek just thought I'd give it a go at the time. If you don't like the look of it then I'd look at something else.
Uninstalled last week, but I made a backup of the game's folders. I don't want to lose my lvl 50 film-crew savegame
Old 04-19-2014, 07:15 PM

Playing this game after spending half a day with FTL on the iPad REALLY highlights the incredible stupidity of anyone who would drop a cent on "dilithium." I feel like an idiot for having spent the couple of bucks to try it out.

The tragedy is that there is a hint of a halfway decent Trek experience here, but it's quickly smothered by paywalls, timers, etc. The owners of the Star Trek license really ought to litigate against the designers for turning Trek into such a steaming pile of time-wasting 💩 excrement.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:56 AM

Tapping time waster, worth a buck for cute Trek TOS sound fx and pixel-y kitsch, but certainly not worth much more of my life ... $9.99 for different costumes?! Man, what a fan hating price!

3 star distraction for the nostalgia, one star for the actual play value.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:24 AM

I just gave it a shot and agreed that there might have been a brilliant game here if they put half as much effort into entertainment as making money.

Imagine if this had real gameplay: borrow some ideas from FTL for ship-to-ship battles, add decision making and story branches (add a real story for that matter). Some planet exploration, combat with away teams that actually involves combat, replace their inane minigame with some interesting ones that are actually relevant to the situation.

Ditch the IAP and timers, look at a half dozen Kairosoft games to see how the simulation side should work. This way organizing the ship and planning a layout would have some point relevant to the game, and just maybe characters would be more interactive than mining wheat or whatever-the-hell they do in these tap games.

And holy sh-- they would have an A+ mobile game instead of another scummy Farmville wannabe.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dib View Post
I just gave it a shot and agreed that there might have been a brilliant game here if they put half as much effort into entertainment as making money.

Imagine if this had real gameplay: borrow some ideas from FTL for ship-to-ship battles, add decision making and story branches (add a real story for that matter). Some planet exploration, combat with away teams that actually involves combat, replace their inane minigame with some interesting ones that are actually relevant to the situation.

Ditch the IAP and timers, look at a half dozen Kairosoft games to see how the simulation side should work. This way organizing the ship and planning a layout would have some point relevant to the game, and just maybe characters would be more interactive than mining wheat or whatever-the-hell they do in these tap games.

And holy sh-- they would have an A+ mobile game instead of another scummy Farmville wannabe.
The game you described is called Tiny Trek. Check the upcoming games thread for more info on it. It looks very promising.