Mutant Mudds (3DS/PC/WiiU retro platformer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by K.D!, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I did do a search and was surprised not to find anything but Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid has already announced that Mutant Mudds is on its way to iOS. It's currently available on the 3DS eShop and PC with a WiiU version due for release. Here Jools posts on his blog asking what people think it should be priced at:

http://joolswatsham.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-price-is-right-mutant-mudds-ios.html?m=1

For those unfamiliar with the game, it's a really neat old school platformer that gets 'really' tricky in the later stages. I already have it for the 3DS but may pick up the iOS version because Jools does a great job at Renegade Kid:

2. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Second game I got on the eshop after Zelda. Pretty cool game, hope they can make the controls work as well as they do with the 3DS

3. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, that's my biggest concern. The later parts of the game are hard as balls and that with actual buttons. I guess we'll see how well Jools and his team can implement the controls.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Wait, wait, wait... Renegade Kid is working for iOS? DOES THAT MEAN DEMENTIUM FOR IOS??????!!! I hope so...

5. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I loved this on the 3DS, can't wait to see it here. Bomb Monkey too, maybe?

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Mutant Mudds (By Renegade Kid)

Unlike the Wii U version, which will have even newer content, the iOS build will only contain the levels and features we've previously seen. That means you'll get all 60 levels -- the standard 40 plus the 20 Grannie stages -- but at a very reasonable price of $0.99. Unfortunately, there's neither stereoscopic 3D nor the PC version's depth-of-field effect, but those are minor tradeoffs.

Mutant Mudds will be available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch when it drops on December 6.
    Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/oh-you-flirt-mutant-mudds-coming-to-ios-on-december-6-239501.phtml#KP0GEGl5yUAyYzWs.99

7. smilinggoat

smilinggoat New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    I really enjoy platformers, and this one looks good. But without external joypad support via iCade or something, platformers never feel quite right on iOS. Hopefully they'll add support...

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This looks great!

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    December 6th is shaping up to be a fantastic release day.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Be nice if it is icade compatible but I'm fine using my iPod. Was a surprise at first but now I'm so used to virtual buttons. The buttons on screen they use look fine

11. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Will be getting this next week.

12. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I just now saw this thread, and I'm thrilled this will be out next week. Can't wait to give the iOS version a try! :)