Reasons why I love TA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coolpepper43, Apr 21, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    TA has changed my life, for good and bad. The bad part about TA for me is that I am now completely obsessed about it. Checking the forums constantly it's consuming my life. But it's completely worth it. I wish I could pay a monthly fee or have a paid version of their app that gets updated because it's buggy as heck and I wish it had more features. I will for now on click a banner or popup at least once a day to support this wonderful website and app. Here are my top reasons why I love TA in no particular order:

1. Great reviews from both the editors and forum members

2. the amazing TA community that are starting to feel like family. Most of them are very kind with a good sense of humor. I almost never see any flame wars about Apple vs Android even though there is even an android section. This might be one of the very few sites/forums where people are not fighting about this.

3 Being able to communicate with developers directly in an open forum about their games. I love this part so much! To me devs are like rockstars and being able to chat with them in the forums is like getting an all access backstage pass to your favorite concert.

4. Promo codes, contests and betas.

5. Watch list. I love this feature so much. It's so convenient if you see something interesting in a thread or article you can just add it and you don't have to worry about forgetting to download it later. Plus, it's very useful for sales and price drops.

6. The podcasts. I love em but I don't listen to all of them because they are very long. I love listening to Eli and (dang it, I forgot his name, the guy who makes the Mikey series, he's great) and others. I just wish that you guys could turn up the gain of the volume because I can't hear it very well through my ipad speakers.

7. Posting comments to all of the articles. I love this so much! It's fun to see how people react to your comments.

I have many other reasons why I love TA so much but I cannot end this without posting the best for last.

8. People kissing Eli's ass, remember always use tongue! ;)

Why do you guys love TA?

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Well...I've been a TA addict since 2008. I have always spent more time researching, posting about and discussing the games here than I've ever played them. There are certainly tons of cool players and developers here with such a unique, interactive experience that's not quite matched on any other platform forums anywhere.

Richard

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with all those points. Don't remember how I exactly found TA, but it's such a great forum.

An awesome community.
    Close proximity with developers and being able to help them with betas, feedback, suggestions, impressions.
    Being able to discuss a wide range of topics in an intelligent fashion (that's a huge plus, so many forums devolve into text lingo, stupid posts. Here, NeoGAF, and TIGForums are the only ones where it's possible to have good discussions)

As for Apple and Android, well I think any flame war between platforms is stupid. Each has their pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses, and that's that.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    One word, Sanuku. With the amount of releases he helped to filter things out with his videos, no nonsense or voice overs, just straight forward gameplay with a run through the menus. He should be on payroll.

5. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    This made me chuckle. Not because I don't think it would be worth it but because the thought of TA going freemium would make some people's heads explode! :D

TA is the only mobile gaming site I visit regularly. Always lots of informative stuff (on the main site and in the forums).

6. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    This^^^^^ +1

TA also a great forum to ask for TOFTT, no offend but I found that at least there's any TA member who willingly to try the game gladly (esp paid) and share their thought. It's really help me to decide before purchasing the app
    Thanks for all members here

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Very true. Apps aren't much anyways, so there's always someone willing to TOFTT cause lots of apps are only $1-$2 so it's not much of a loss. :D

By the way, I found it funny how OP is boasting about how he loves TA so much but is currently in time out as I type this.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hmmm...that sucks. I haven't seen the OP type anything negative or offensive. I wonder why. Ahhh just read the last part of the first part, that might explain it.

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    How can you tell when people are in time out? There's several people I've noticed not posting anymore and I wonder if that's why.

Non of my business I know but It's obvious that kissing butt comment is in jest so I doubt it's because of that.

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I love at because I find out about and try games that I'd never have given a second thought, when I first joined in June last year I spent a lot of time lurking (not a code stealing though lol) and was kind of afraid to post, being female and 30 I thought I'd not be taken seriously and considered pretending to be a dude but actually everyone has treat me as an equal and I've met some awesome people on here, people who I keep in touch with away from at and who I'd consider friends. I've stopped boring my husband now because I can ramble about games here.

I love how devs are active on here and take into account suggestions from people. I love the watchlist feature as I'd miss a lot of updates for games on my daughters device otherwise.

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #11 7lilwhitewolf7, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    T.i.m.e.capsule

#}>---%--------------------T
    @}>---%---------------------A