iPad games + me (need suggestions)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spiral75, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Okay, I have finally bought myself an ipad! I got the new 32gb retina A6X one. I have done a few searches trying to find games that are EXCLUSIVE to iPad. I have tons of games on my iphone that I can now share with my ipad but I want to know peoples opinions on the BEST games that are out for ipad that are NOT available for my iphone! Something thats totally crazy as far as graphics. Arcade / RPG / Sports....whatever! I remember hearing and reading about the Baldur's Gate which hasnt come out but there has to be something I have unlocked by equiping myself with an ipad! What are the TA Best of the BEST??

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Baldur's gate was out but has been pulled.
    Off the top of my head:
    -Frozen Synapse
    -Kotor (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)
    -Hero of Many
    -Battle Academy

3. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    For RPGs, the Spiderweb games: Avadon, and the two Avernums.
    Baldur's Gate, if/when it comes back.
    Spiral EP1.
    Crow, Lily: Don't know if they are iPad-only, though; but would guess so from the graphics and setup.

4. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    If you like TD games try March on Oz and Go home dinosaurs..If you fancy RTS type of games try great battles medieval..If you're interested in deep board games check-out Eclipse:New Dawn for the galaxy..

These games are iPad exclusive games I believe..

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Star Wars KOTOR
    Machinarium
    Baldur's Gate (this was recently pulled though)

These arent ipad-only, but play so much better on the ipads

The Walking Dead
    Anomaly Warzone Earth
    Anomaly Korea
    XCOM Enemy Unknown
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Warhammer Quest
    Spiral Ep1
    Bastion

6. Spiral75

Thanks all! Just bought March on Oz. Looks really good. Some of the others I actually have for my iphone 4S and I refuse to buy them AGAIN just to get their ipad version :(

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Pretty much all universal games (or games with separate iPhone and iPad versions) play better on the iPad than the iPhone/iPod, so recommending good titles from that side of things would take forever. As for iPad-only games, that depends on your tastes, but below are a few of the many good ones:

Alien Frontiers
    Forbidden Island
    Ghost Stories
    Small World
    Eclipse
    Kingdom Builder
    Yggdrasil
    Ticket to Ride
    (the separate iPhone-native Ticket to Ride Pocket is a stripped-down, lower-quality version of the full-featured iPad game)
    Bang! HD
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Aquaria
    (a PC port that is far and away the best "Metroidvania" title currently available on iOS)

8. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I actually recommend march on Oz to those who are waiting for plants vs zombies 2..Im very skeptical about PvZ 2 since almost all the devs of the original game was kicked off the project,EA is publishing it and the F2P model..

9. Spiral75

@ Appletini -The reason I say ipad EXCLUSIVE games is because I am a regular TA app user so I ALWAYS see all the releases for iphone (or universal). But since ive never owned an ipad, ive never paid attention to those "only available on ipad" titles :)

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    In addition to the great titles already named, I'll throw these out there.

Avadon: The Black Fortress
    Avernum: Escape from the Pit
    Avernum 6
    Battle of the Bulge
    Brogue
    Coastal Command
    Companions
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Imperium Galactica 2
    Machinarium
    Mutant Storm
    Puerto Rico
    SpaceChem Mobile
    Vendetta Online

I believe there are a bunch of other good strategy and board games that are iPad only but I can't think of any right now...

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Meh, I just copied and pasted the response I gave to the guy who created a similar thread asking for games for his iPad the day before you posted yours, hence the reference to universal games at the top.

12. mejjos

mejjos Cancelled

Jul 26, 2012
    Check out The Room, it's a puzzle game about opening boxes.