Sociable Soccer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by atchoo, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Then you might have just made my day! I've been looking to be able to manage my MLS club with the proper MLS league structure, and to also be able to hop into arcade mode at any time is the icing on the cake.

Hope the rest of production goes smoothly. I'll be here waiting to buy it whenever it reaches the App Store!

2. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Well, for the past couple of weeks we had this up and running in the London Science Museum as a part of the Power Up exhibit, but there will surely be other opportunities :) I had to go and install the HTC Vive setup from my home PC for that one since we didn't get an Oculus in time, but I digress...

The lead designer Jon Hare (father of games like of Cannon Fodder and Mega-lo-mania in addition to Sensible World of Soccer) is based near London and is sure to show the game in some upcoming event. So far we've done Nordic Game, Replay at Blackpool, Develop, Power Up, GamesFirst Helsinki and an event in Poland I can't remember right now. I'm sure there will be plenty of chances for hands-on previews.

That said, I took the game to a local IGDA event last night and had some games industry friends try it out on the GearVR - everyone loved it. We hope someone comes up with a good VR headset for iOS as we're happy to support those also. :)

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Oh wow Gear VR nice addition
    I have a VR headset but not that one
    Yes iOS needs VR bad that's the thing I bought mine and all I can do with it is watch YouTube stuff basically cuz Apple is way behind at VR and well everything else too these days it seems
    VR is great and I want the gear version but no point since i own Apple
    Glad to see you're exploring that though

4. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Ah, if I knew it was at the Science Museum I definitely would have gone! Will keep my eye out for any potential events in London or around the UK in the future for sure :)

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    1Q2017 is tooooooooooooo far!!!! We have no proper football game on iOS right now, I really feel like crying, my life and work are all related to football and I breathe football everyday but the only option we have is pixel soccer (pretty good but no club and a bit too arcade) or the kick off remake which is good but doesn't have iPhone5 or 6 setting... It's depressing to the most and now we got some really bad news from bloody EA who totally destroyed FIFA since 2015.... Football is number 1 sport in the world but iOS gamers get craps only...

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yep, Pixel Cup Soccer 16 is nice, but is *very* (and done on purpose) arcadey.
    Active Soccer 2 DX and SSC'17 are on the way, though, and they (with Sociable Soccer) are all different interpretations of "simcade" soccer game.
    Sadly we won't see a proper "tv-like" soccer game (FIFA, PES) anymore. :(

7. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    If I had to make an educated guess about the future, Apple is going to see enough market pressure for VR within the next year that they'll have to do something about it. Samsung is already bundling a GearVR with Galaxy Note 7 preorders in many markets. Meanwhile, there will be some 3rd party solutions that could be on par in quality with GearVR, supporting those will be trivial for us and really do add to the experience.

Still, VR is obviously not required to enjoy this game - having a headset just turns it into something comparable to a futuristic foosball / table soccer / subbuteo table.

8. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Yeah, we tried to look for the best soccer games on iOS and found a few that were fun - Score! Hero is a pretty neat concept and Miniclip's Soccer Stars is obviously very addictive but not exactly a sports game. I don't think I got to play Pixel Soccer yet, I'll have to take that one for a spin.

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Please tell me this is still coming very soon!!!

10. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Any news?

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Please come soon

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    have my doubts about this one on mobile Dailon, at least on iOS, i haven't read anywhere that is coming...

13. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    It is coming to IOS, i chatted a bit with the devs and they said they’ll finish it after the steam version.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

great! thanks for the news, DJ...

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    They said that but it is sure taking forever
    Probably right after the season is over that would be a about right