• Publisher: Rad Dragon
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 27.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Hello! It is nice to meet you. I made a game. It has lots of animals!

SAFARI RESCUE is the name of my game. You have to rescue the animals with your helicopter net! Can you rescue all the animals? I sure hope you can!

FEATURES:
Zebras
Giraffes
Lions
Hippos
Elephant
Bees
And so much more!

I hope you really like it!

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

If the mind is the body, Safari Rescue is the spirit.
- Walt Whitman (Attr.)

"Safari Rescue will make you weep tears of gold. It will rip out your heart and launch it into the sky, where it will join your spirit in eternal frolics. It will see your every moment suspended as thick drops of savory honey, electrify you with the thrill of life itself, and shrink all the worlds oceans to a melody in your step. None of those are metaphors."
- Wikipedia (Briefly)

Safari Rescue is my favorite. I like animals.
- Ernest Hemingway (Attr.)

Iff Man should be Troubled by Dolours of the Heart, as Manifested by Coldness in the Right-Most Toothe, that Man shalt rightly resolve to Safari Rescue thrice Daily and bury the Toothe in an Orchard.
- Traditional Folk Remedy

RadDragon's comments:

Hello! It is nice to meet you. I made a game. It has lots of animals!

SAFARI RESCUE is the name of my game. You have to rescue the animals with your helicopter net! Can you rescue all the animals? I sure hope you can!

FEATURES:
  • Zebras
  • Giraffes
  • Lions
  • Hippos
  • Elephant
  • Bees
  • And so much more!
I hope you really like it!

A NOTE FROM RAD DRAGON:

Has a game ever made you cry, or scream in joy, or feel the warmth of a kindly god? Which would you describe as more emotional, your last mobile game or the birth of your first child? At game studio Rad Dragon, we ask these questions each day, and find games coming up short time and time again. Will the interactive medium ever match the emotional intensity of film, fine art, and sculpture?

Just as our artistic soul-searching reached the peak of desperation, we found the answer where it must always lie: in the heart of a child. Would you believe us if we told you SAFARI RESCUE, a game ostensibly made by a mere babe, is the very evolution -- nay, transcendence -- of games into something... greater?

SAFARI RESCUE will make you weep tears of gold. It will rip out your heart and launch it into the sky, where it will join your spirit in eternal frolics. It will see your every moment suspended as thick drops of savory honey, electrify you with the thrill of life itself, and shrink all the world’s oceans to a melody in your step.

None of those are metaphors.

SAFARI RESCUE simply must be experienced to be understood. We are doing everything in our power as a small indie game studio to bring this masterpiece to the deserving masses. As such, it is free. Free to download; free to take its place in the empyrean echelon of cultural champions.

SAFARI RESCUE is out now on the App Store for free. Please visit http://safarirescue.tumblr.com for more information and also nature facts.

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

“If the mind is the body, Safari Rescue is the spirit.”
- Walt Whitman (Attr.)

“There is hope for humanity, and it is this: …[t]hat our children might look with new eyes upon Safari Rescue, and in it find our best our best answer to the dark mysteries of existence.”
-Carl Sagan (Attr.)

“Safari Rescue is my favorite. I like animals.”
- Ernest Hemingway (Attr.)

“Iff Man should be Troubled by Dolours of the Heart, as Manifested by Coldness in the Right-Most Toothe, that Man shalt rightly resolve to Safari Rescue thrice Daily and bury the Toothe in an Orchard."
- Traditional Folk Remedy

08-03-2013, 01:46 PM
This game is offensive to lions everywhere.
08-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
This game is offensive to lions everywhere.
Dude, chill. Safari Rescue's Lion is an obvious caricature of common Western sensibilities. He takes the Mighty Hunter stereotype to a grotesque extreme, critiquing our commonly held view --based in "common knowledge"-- of Lion as an insatiable force of hunger.
08-04-2013, 02:15 AM
This game is truly awesome

The IAP-stuff is great
08-05-2013, 02:30 PM
SAFARI RESCUE Weekend News Roundup
  • Pocket Tactics says "Safari Rescue is the best game Ive ever played, in the same sense that Dragon Wars is the best film Ive ever seen!"
  • Pocket Gamer says "it sure is fun!"
  • Game Zone gives it a download recommendation!
  • iPhoneClub.nl wrote a very nice review in its weekly game update! I do not speak Dutch, but according to Google Translate, it says "That simple corniness put straight into the game and how backward that is: it works on the funny bone. You control a helicopter pixel pixel pixel animals in a world to gain. Pixel to the landing."

Thank you to all those websites, and to everyone who has posted about SAFARI RESCUE!