Games With Lots of Achievements/Missions/Goals?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Enriana, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    This is more gameplay/mechanics-related, as opposed to genre-specific, but I'm a diehard completitionist and really, really like games that have lots of objectives & achievements - not necessarily RPG-style quests, but those are good too - to complete certain challenges to unlock different things.

Game Center often has these, but it's more fun for me personally when they're part of the gameplay itself.

I'm open to pretty much any genre, what I'm really looking for is something that will take a while to complete/finish/beat. I'd rather have something Universal/iPad only but I'll try anything. Both paid & free are fine; the games I'm looking for tend to be huge time-sinks so I don't mind paying a few bucks for them.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    These games have TONS of objectives that give rewards or achievements... And i do mean TONS.

Temple Run Oz
    Jetpack Joyride
    Infinite Warrior
    TheEndApp
    Polara
    Ronin
    Captain Antarctica

And ones that dont exactly have as much as the ones above, but still a lot of Objectives and missions or even items, equips, classes, skills and other stuff to complete, perfect for a completionist:

EPOCH.
    Infinity Blade 2
    Final Fantasy 5
    Chaos Rings (all of them)
    Gene Effect
    Momonga Pinball
    Repulze
    Ridiculous Fishing

I could go on forever, but the ones i've mentioned are great games.

3. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Kingdom Rush also has a ton of achievements which take quite some time to unlock. Best of all, you can see which achievements you need to get.

4. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Thank you both! I grabbed Jetpack Joyride & Captain Antarctica because they were both free and intriguing (always a good combo :p ) and put a couple on my wishlist. I actually have Ridiculous Fishing but haven't played more than the very beginning, I'll have to open it back up.

Kingdom Rush has been on my wishlist for ages, but I've heard that it can get pretty hard. My main experience/enjoyment with tower defense was more "lane" defense (Legendary Wars, Plants vs Zombies) so I'm not entirely sure I'll actually be good at it. :p